Pre to EVO recommendations guide

halcyonku

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I'll be making the jump soon. I have had my Pre since launch day and have loved it for the past year, but the smaller screen size and the slider has finally gotten to me. I used to love the slider and smaller form factor, but now it just seems too small. I've Prewared and homebrewed the crap out of the phone and even overclocked it, but I just can't get past the hardware limitations. Besides, the EVO surprisingly fits in my pocket with my wallet (front pocket). :D

So, my question/request: For those who have made the migration, what issues should I be aware of? Can the EVO sync up with my Facebook contacts? What apps and widgets should I get to make the transition smoother? Basically, what is everyone running?

What are the best websites for resources on how to maximize the capabilities of the phone?

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you use google for your contacts and calendar, you can plug right into the evo w/o much downtime. I just hard reset my phone an hour ago and I'd be up and running now if I wasn't waiting on the mybackuppro restore to (hopefully) replace all my customized scenes. BTW I hard reset due to some rumored better battery life...I had absolutely no problems with the phone including battery life but if I can make it better, why not.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Oh I get it you just LIKE not being in any way helpful

he was just trying to say that you will get faster answers to all of your questions if you SEARCH for them instead of posting a question that has been already answered 1,392,387,202,493 times...:cool:

but IF you're too lazy to search...
the short answer is, everything that the Pre did, the EVO does and more..:cool:

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh I get it you just LIKE not being in any way helpful

May not seem helpful to you but he's right. There are tons of threads about people switching from PRE to EVO. I bet there's at the least 10 a day. I'm not a hater, i still use my pre as my personal phone, but it does get annoying to see these up here so frequently.

Mods, is there a way to make a sticky or something? this way we don't have about a millions threads about the same topic? :cool:

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
but IF you're too lazy to search...
the short answer is, everything that the Pre did, the EVO does and more..:cool:

Coming from a webOS fanboy, i agree w/ Tyler Durden, the evo does way more than my pre can. I still like them both and they both have their pros and cons. but i just find more things to do with EVO. Plus, now that i have swype i can't stop playing w/ it lol

mozartkc

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I came from the Pre about a week ago. Yes , it took a few days to adjust because I was so used to web os but damn ! This Evo def kicks ass. Just be sure to set up a gmail account and have all your contacts sent to that email. Not going back to palm anytime soon!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch