Screensaver Necessary for Evo?

LikeAChampion3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am going to be using the Evo on the kickstand on my desk in landscape mode (via ADW Launcher)...is there any reason to use a screen saver assuming that I'll turn off the lock screen when I have it plugged in?

If so, can someone provide a recommendation?

If not, can someone provide a reasonable scientific or technical explanation of why the icons/background won't "burn" into the screen?

I would love to have my home screen live on my Evo on my desk at all times, it just worries me that I might be doing harm to the device.

LikeAChampion3

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I already searched Appbrain a little, didn't see anything that jumped out at me that would work similarly to a PC screensaver. I've never tried Androlib, I'll check it out.

I would really like to know if its even necessary in the first place to use a screensaver...I think that turning off the lock screen and letting the screen turn off would work just fine too I guess.

Bang321

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The EVO uses an LCD so it doesn't require the use of a Screensaver. Screensavers were originally implemented on Computer CRT Monitors to prevent burn-in. This was caused by static images permanently damaging the phosphor coating on the CRT screen by electrons used to produce the image. These days, people must use them because they look cool. If you do want to use a screensaver though, you can get "floating image." It pulls photos off of flickr and your own albums and floats them across the screen. Hope this helps!

LikeAChampion3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The EVO uses an LCD so it doesn't require the use of a Screensaver. Screensavers were originally implemented on Computer CRT Monitors to prevent burn-in. This was caused by static images permanently damaging the phosphor coating on the CRT screen by electrons used to produce the image. These days, people must use them because they look cool. If you do want to use a screensaver though, you can get "floating image." It pulls photos off of flickr and your own albums and floats them across the screen. Hope this helps!

This is exactly what I was looking for...something that I don't completely understand but I can gather enough from to "get it" (in layman's terms). Thanks for the insight and also for the app recommendation!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer