Text messaging (SMS Service) laggy

iheartmyed4

May 29, 2010
Visit site
My evo will lag on texts, for example i will get a text then get the one that was before that text after. Hopefully thats not too confusing, other than that ive had no problems whatsoever from my phone, this happens in low and high service areas, 4g on, 4g off, just pretty random, and more often than id like. anyone else have these problems and know of a fix and what is taking sprint so long with froyo???

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
you are not alone on this. i've been getting text messages that come the same way. I thought it was me but I see it's not. I don't know what to make of it.

iheartmyed4

May 29, 2010
Visit site
its strange cause it happens randomly, not after any specific event or circumstance, ive had sprint for years and never had this problem.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
make sure you are not roaming. whenever I see random texts like this happen, its due to roaming. . . check the time stamps.
otherwise, i see this happening also if both parties are typing at the same time type deal.

Zemus

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
make sure you are not roaming. whenever I see random texts like this happen, its due to roaming. . . check the time stamps.
otherwise, i see this happening also if both parties are typing at the same time type deal.

I agree. The only time I have seen random texts like these with weird timestamps has been when I was roaming or had no signal and then jumped back onto sprint's network.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
This is due to the fact that sms going from one carrier to another have to go through a service called mblox. Since they handle all text messaging for ALL carrier to carrier text messages sometimes they lag and packet order gets mixed up.

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, this happens to me a lot...also I will get a text, and it will show up in the conversation like 20 texts ago. With a random time, usually hours ago. So frustrating.