browser seems less smooth then it used to be....

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine was decent with Flash enabled... I set it to "on demand" and it seems to be a lot better. Still the browser was much smoother in 2.1.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
It seems that even after all page elements load, when I try to scroll down, the page always studders. Its like I have a resistive touch screen, even though I obviously do not.

bat2144

May 17, 2010
Visit site
same here

My browsers are also running like crap. Flash is set to on demand on stock and dolphin browsers and I can't find a webpage that will scroll as smooth as it did on 2.1.

This is really annoying. I am not rooted. Installed official 2.2 build.

anon(23236)

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's generally because its loading flash content. Go into browser settings and set plug-ins to load on demand.

See if that helps with your lag. Seemed to on mine.

I concur, the "on demand" setting is a must. They should make it the default setting. Do that and your browsing will be super fast.

djmoonsovermyhammy

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The flash is horrible most of the time. Audio gets out of sync on videos I'm watching (fox.com). Overall browsing seems less responsive. Will test out the "on demand setting."

After the OTA update did a SD card format... then a full system restore... nothing helped.

mistystarbucks

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't get to the internet. Message [ The application Internet (process com.amdroid.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. I have done several hard resets. Anyone have any solutions??

MAX_POWERS#AC

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
When I have flash enabled the browser closes. When set to on demand the browser works. I read reinstalling the latest flash apk fixes the browser problem. Where can I get the latest apk?

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
what about if you guys go to google and run a random search, and then scroll that list of results? is that not smooth as butter for you? it is for me. i keep flash set to on demand, and everything is as it was in 2.1, except when i click to load an actual flash content, THEN of course it scrolls a little choppy. but if i dont click any flash content, obviously it doesnt load, and scrolling is just as smooth as before. maybe the evo is different than the nexus though...

joshi920

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
ok, I am not sure how fast the browser needs to be. However, once I turned off the "Mobile View", there was a huge difference from what it was before. It was as if the browser woke up. There were sites it was not even loading up before or taking a long time. It started flying after that. Worth a try.

jeffajackson

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
my browser isn't sluggish at all.... because it crashes every time i open it! i did load flash before updating to 2.2. i was wondering if i should do an uninstall of that but my question is since i only see one version on my programs list how do i know i am uninstalling the proper one? i had full 4G coverage all evening yesterday and couldn't enjoy it all because of a broken browers... bummer

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
after turning off the flash, and setting it to on demand..

the biggest issue i am having is pages loading quick for the first 80% then just hanging there and never really finishing.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I have not had any problems on my browser at all I have my flash set to on demand and no problems

sent from my kick *** evo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87