Browser hangs while loading page

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Why does the stock browser hang while loading a page. Like when loading androidcentral.com the green loading bar will hang for almost 10sec before fully completing. I had the same results when choosing to "enable plugins" to either of the three choices. I have done a hard reset, cleared the cache, cleared the history, and so forth. I have used 3g, wifi, and 4g all with same results.

Any suggestions or is this the way it is?

ninjastar28

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Lol I clicked on a tread right before comin to this one and it did the same thing...... then I clicked on this one and it did the same thing again! It's a shame cuz this happen twice to me b4 the update....... and the EVO is king but it might be gettin the lame iPhone4 curse........dam sure hope not!

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
happens to me too. I've been too lazy to turn off java script and other addons to see if it speeds up the load.

pigfqr

Banned
Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but now all of a sudden my phone is hanging on loading web pages. I can't think of anything I've done recently that would have caused this. I have a rooted Evo, running myn Warm TwoPointTwo RLS 5. The web pages were loading fine before, now every page hangs with the progress bar at about 2/3s to 3/4s. about 20-40 seconds later the page finishes loading. Anyone have any help on this issue?

Thanks!

Allan

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Two things might be causing this.. (1) Modifications to the phone. (2) Poor data connection. You could update your data profile.
Note; Mine load fast with either 3g, or 4g connection.
Menu - settings - system updates - update profile.
Good luck.

cgiaimo

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, also running Warm 2.2, thought it might have been a bad flash, but have re-flashed a number of times and still keeps happening....Just started happening yesterday. Seems to be Flash related at least from what I can tell...standard web sites seem to work fine but anything with flash seems to hang.

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
This is also happening on my phone with Myn's RLS5. I've tried every browser and on 3G and Wifi, still happening. Clearing all the caches etc doesn't work either. It started last night and is still occurring.

EDIT: I found the solution... Go into the Market and install AdFree. Update the host file and reboot to clear DNS, everything back to normal. Myn's is preloaded with the Adfree host file and it became outdated.

Last edited:

Droid-One

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This is also happening on my phone with Myn's RLS5. I've tried every browser and on 3G and Wifi, still happening. Clearing all the caches etc doesn't work either. It started last night and is still occurring.

EDIT: I found the solution... Go into the Market and install AdFree. Update the host file and reboot to clear DNS, everything back to normal. Myn's is preloaded with the Adfree host file and it became outdated.

Thank you so much. This worked great. I'm glad someone figured it out

djnk954

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My 3G is resolved, but 4G is still acting the same. Didn't check wifi yet...

Edit: wifi is good. 4G has the same issue. Loads ~70% and hangs for about 2 minutes. Help?

Last edited:

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am having this issue as well but I am using an EVO Shift. I was thinking something was wrong with my new Shift but seeing this thread may be not. Post up if you are having this issue if we get enough replies I will take it to the admins. Maybe AC added something that is causing the problem.