Just hard reset my EVO. Why dont I ever think first?

mitch2k12

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Horrible battery life led me to reset my phone, so without thinking, i just reset it. Apps are gone, of course, and i could care less. However, I failed to remember that my contacts would be gone too... So now I have a question. One, is there anyway to save your contacts before a hard reset, and two, should i be adding contacts to my gmail account instead of my phone?

mitch2k12

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
No, when I signed back into google, i got those back. But i only had 20? google contacts. So I guess I'm going to start saving contacts to google... Thanks.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
im thinking about doing a reset due to battery life and lagging with the keyboard. For example, when i text somebody in the landscape made then press the home key. Let’s say im going to the internet the page pops up in landscape then goes to vertical when i had it in vertical to start. It seem like when i use the phone with the landscape keyboard then exit and when i go to the text message, internet, anything that can be in landscape it start up in the landscape mode even though im holding it vertically. I started having this problem when i get the 8/3 update. Does anybody have a clue why is that and also a solution?

also, does anybody know how i can backup my apps like 3rd party ups, before i do the hard reset?

Last edited:

bender1077

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
contact backup

You can also back up contacts to your SD card. When in contacts, hit menu - import/export then export to SD card.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
im thinking about doing a reset due to battery life and lagging with the keyboard. For example, when i text somebody in the landscape made then press the home key. Let?s say im going to the internet the page pops up in landscape then goes to vertical when i had it in vertical to start. It seem like when i use the phone with the landscape keyboard then exit and when i go to the text message, internet, anything that can be in landscape it start up in the landscape mode even though im holding it vertically. I started having this problem when i get the 8/3 update. Does anybody have a clue why is that and also a solution?

Could be a side effect associated with being able to get landscape mode on both sides. I've noticed it too but haven't looked into it so I don't know if maybe the app is remembering what state it was in the last time you exited it...

mitch2k12

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes, thanks very much. Anyway you know if that will export the facebook ones too? I was just about to ask how I could save my facebook contacts to gmail, but i should just put them on my SD card.

bender1077

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, thanks very much. Anyway you know if that will export the facebook ones too? I was just about to ask how I could save my facebook contacts to gmail, but i should just put them on my SD card.

FB contacts can be sync'd by going to menu- settings- accounts and sync. No need to back up FB contacts, but you can if you want.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
theres a app in market i used,

called My Back Up Pro,

backed up everything from settings, to calender, to sms, to contacts and all apps!

another good thing to do is install google sync, it will sync all your contacts to your gmail and bring them back automatically when you restore.
your paid apps will be saved in market.

kbass24emtp

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I just did the hard reset and it's alot faster now. As for the back up I was not really impressed with mybackup pro. I got a refund. I did save some of my apps but it did not restore my settings.

mitch2k12

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I would want to save FB contacts because half the numbers I lost are on FB, and just in case. Idk. Mental thing? And the reset helped with the battery A TON so far.

ShackMaster

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
The Sense UI on the TP2 that I had would merge the contact info to the Exchange account if it was set to sync contacts. Is there any way to do that with the EVO?

I don't want to add contacts from all of the different accounts to the Exchange account. But specifically if I had linked an exchange and a FB account, the Exchange account would be automatically updated with any additional info from the FB account (Like personal email addresses, and FB Pictures for business contacts that I added to FB).

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Or just make them part of your google account...
So everytime you hard reset and re-enter your gmail account, all of your contacts come back immediately.

Titanium Backup for those who are rooted.

Froyo brings back all apps, but not app data.

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
theres a app in market i used,

called My Back Up Pro,

backed up everything from settings, to calender, to sms, to contacts and all apps!

another good thing to do is install google sync, it will sync all your contacts to your gmail and bring them back automatically when you restore.
your paid apps will be saved in market.

Actually your phone is one big Google sync...as long as you can remember when adding contacts to add them as Google contacts and not just phone, you'll always have your contacts no matter what Android phone you get!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89