Calendar Sync on PC with Evo

rubie

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Since my HTC Evo downloaded the 2.2 update, my calendar on my phone will not sync events to my Outlook calendar on my PC. Anyone know what I need to do to change this?

Superbelt

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I am having this issue too.
Wife's EVO will sync with her google calendar and my calendar, but her Outlook will not sync either way with her google calendar.
Outlook is 2007.

Any ideas? Do I need to hard reset?

tromba

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue before and after the update. Spent time on the phone with Sprint and HTC. With HTC my support ticket was moved to the next level, but in two weeks I haven't heard anything, so I guess moving to the next level means "We don't know, don't call us, we'll call you if we ever figure it out but don't hold your breath" (also known as WDKDCUECYIWEFIOBDHYB)

Jim_Phone

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you guys syncng with the HTC Sync software? I can no longer sync new green colored "PC Sync" calendar events that I input into my Evo with Outlook 2010 on my laptop using HTC Sync through USB ever since the Froyo upgrade. I noticed something new since the upgrade that may be related- unlike before, the pre-existing events now have "outlook@htc.calendar;" listed as attendees on the event details screen on my Evo. When I go to add new "PC Sync" events on the Evo, it does not add this detail, and the new events will not sync to Outlook. Anyone else have any ideas?

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Stop using HTC sync. You don't have a Palm Pilot. You have a smartphone.

Have all your Outlook data synced to a Google account. Sync phone with Google account. You have no need to use a USB cable--the phone has an always on data connection to some data service... take advantage of it!

Jim_Phone

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Stop using HTC sync. You don't have a Palm Pilot. You have a smartphone.

Have all your Outlook data synced to a Google account. Sync phone with Google account. You have no need to use a USB cable--the phone has an always on data connection to some data service... take advantage of it!

HTC Sync worked perfectly before the 2.2 update and there is no reason that it should not do so now. Many Android users do not desire to sync their confidential business and/or personal data to the google cloud. Some of them cannot because their phone contains sensitive company data and some simply do not want to risk putting their private info online.

JohnnyKat

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I am having this issue too.
Wife's EVO will sync with her google calendar and my calendar, but her Outlook will not sync either way with her google calendar.
Outlook is 2007.

Any ideas? Do I need to hard reset?

Superbelt, were you able to fix your problem with a rest?
I have the same issue- Outlook Calendar won't sync after 2.2

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
HTC Sync worked perfectly before the 2.2 update and there is no reason that it should not do so now. Many Android users do not desire to sync their confidential business and/or personal data to the google cloud. Some of them cannot because their phone contains sensitive company data and some simply do not want to risk putting their private info online.

So use EAS instead.

I manage two google apps domains. One for the 60 member non-profit organization that I manage as the technology guy (all volunteer), and one for my wife's consulting company. I work as a software engineer for my day job. In my opinion, from a support and accessability perspective I feel data is more secure when synced to a federated data source, i.e. google apps (docs, email, sites, calendar, contacts, etc).

You can keep your data private all you'd like on your home computer. From a data/disaster recovery perspective, as the actual support guy, you can have whatever backup solution you'd like, but a real-time background sync for all your data returns immense value to the joe schmoe user and the organization. Keep your data offline as much as you'd like, but if you think that pop3 is secure.... think again. And seriously? Contacts and calendars? Unless you're a sleeper agent for the old-school KGB (hey, not so far fetched apparently) I can't imagine security requirements so stringent that you can't use gmail. Oh, hey, even sleeper agents can't stay private and secure from the appropriate agencies anyway.

In the end, data integrity relying on a cable/tether is pretty archaic. I do agree with you though--it should work. My question is.... I simply do not understand who in their right mind (assuming you're a normal, non-secret agent for a potentially hostile government, non-terrorist) would think they're better off by limiting themselves to a cable based sync.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty