Few questions about the mp3 player in 2.2

Booshanky

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I like the MP3 player that's built into the Evo, but I have a few issues with it.

1. Is there any way to get it to scan for newly added files or folders? Sometimes I'll drag and drop a few albums into the /music folder on the SD card, but it'll take quite a while for the songs to show up in the "artists" list. Is there any way to manually make it scan for new files? Sometimes I end up just rebooting the phone and it'll find em that way but that seems excessive.

2. Is there any way to add files to the playlist you've got loaded? Most of the time I'll add an album by going to "Artists", then tapping the album, then selecting "menu" and then "play all". This adds all the songs to the playlist. But sometimes I want to add another album to start playing after it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. If I repeat the procedure I did to load the first album, it'll just wipe out the current playlist and make whatever the new album I've chosen the only songs available.

And I guess as an added bonus, is there any way to get it to play FLAC files? I've got a few of them....

Thanks

yankees2323

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to get the music app to exclude certain folders? The soulds from the Let's Golf game get mixed in with my music. When it's on random play i'll get a song and then a weird sound saying let's go or a golf swing then back to music.

Booshanky

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I dunno, I always thought it just scanned the /music folder. Then again I've never put music anywhere other than there so I'm sure I'm probably wrong.

Booshanky

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm kinda surprised that nobody else has had this same issue. You'd think that people would want to make custom playlists on the phone rather than having to make up a playlist file and then upload it to the phone.....

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Try out Meridian. You can choose which folders are music folders, and for some people, it plays FLAC files (success seems to vary from phone to phone).

timoshina

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to get the music app to exclude certain folders? The soulds from the Let's Golf game get mixed in with my music. When it's on random play i'll get a song and then a weird sound saying let's go or a golf swing then back to music.

There is but it's gonna take time to do that. There's a way when you copy "no media" file to each folder that you don't want to scanned by a player. You can search xda-developers forum, I found it somewhere..
I got the easier way to listen to music. Make playlists of your favorite artists and problem is gone. ;) Of coarse you'd think it's gonna be to complicated to find each song in the whole library and add it, but it isn't.
1. Just copy your music folders to sc card from computer.
2. Make an empty playlist for each folder (e.g. Folder "Dj Tiesto" has "DJ Tiesto" playlist)
3. Run "Astro File Manager", browse to music and open each music folder than press =>menu=>Edit=>Select All. In pop-up bar on the top tap music=>add to playlist (choose the right one and all songs from this folder are there). I forgot you can also create a new playlist from astro file manager.
Hope it helps! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87