EVO gameloft games ALL FREE TRIALS

jared1333

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Here is a link I found on Twitter for trial downloads of all their games. With the better gaming performance in froyo I'm enjoying gameloft games a lot more... except hero of Sparta still runs like dog sh*t for some reason...

Enjoy :)

Gameloft

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if they've updated their DRM to allow you to redownload games you've purchased without buying them again?

I know back in May they announced they were making the change but said it'd take a while.

Also does anyone know what's up with all the permissions these games require? I just tried to install the trial of Dungeon Hunter and it wanted to read and/or send SMS messages.

Last edited:

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've tried numerous times to get it to text me a download link but nada. I'm getting all my other texts fine. I just gave up.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well gameloft gave me and my wife a free game of our choice. When the Evo 1st launched, we both got a few games and had problems. We emailed gameloft about the problems and they walked us through everything and we were helping them fix the Evo game log from there site. I just got gangstar from gameloft today. What A Bad *** Game. If anybody likes GTA, then you'll like gangstar. You steal cars, beat people up and kill them and take there money. Do the things in GTA in this game. Check it out. And it plays Great on my Evo.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Once the game is installed, it loads additional content, but the downloading process gets stuck in the middle.

Just installed Dungeon Hunter and the download barely stated and hasn't made any progress for the past 10min. Too bad, this game looked pretty cool.

Last edited:

jared1333

May 25, 2010
Visit site
yea I have had this issue even with gameloft games I have purchased. Although I usually just try it again, or restart the phone it it works fine :)

barakisbrown

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Just download Asphalt 5 for my EVO(trial version) and it downloaded and ran successfully. Not bad at all. I really do not see why people are bashing the EVO as much as they do on game performance.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I would love to buy quite a few of these games....if they were available in Android Market. Until then Gameloft just doesn't want much ROI for all their work in porting these games.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Asphalt is one of the few games that doesn't run at a decent fps.
Other games are fine on my CyanogenMod Evo.

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
You can re-download your games without charge now. I don't know when they changed that, but when I go to the their HD games page on my Evo...I can select "My Downloads" at the bottom of the page and it shows any games I've purchased with links to re-download them for no charge.

Also, when I bought the game (Dungeon Hunter) it just charged it to my Sprint bill.

If those two factors alleviate some folks' concerns about buying software from Gameloft, then great, cause some of these games are actually quite good. Additionally, now that you can download free lite versions of games to try them out, Gameloft's products seem much more appealing than they did previously.

Last edited:

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
You can re-download your games without charge now. I don't know when they changed that, but when I go to the their HD games page on my Evo...I can select "My Downloads" at the bottom of the page and it shows any games I've purchased with links to re-download them for no charge.

Also, when I bought the game (Dungeon Hunter) it just charged it to my Sprint bill.

If those two factors alleviate some folks' concerns about buying software from Gameloft, then great, cause some of these games are actually quite good. Additionally, now that you can download free lite versions of games to try them out, Gameloft's products seem much more appealing than they did previously.

That's great news. Them fixing their single purchase/download policy and offering trials solves most of the problem I had with them.

Sure I think it'd make more sense for them to offer their apps in the market. However I have no problem installing from another market and/or source. The ability to do that is part of why I was drawn to Android to begin with.

Looks like I'll be trying out Dungeon Hunter after all. I've been waiting for them to fix their download policies.

vteclipsegs

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been one of the biggest critics of the EVO/snapdragon's GPU. However, I have to admit HAWX ran pretty smooth. Maybe Gameloft is finally putting a little more effort into their ports.

That said Asphalt HD keeps crashing to desktop after I install the free trial. I have a e-mail into support we'll see what they say.

cpnichols

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I like the gameloft games, but hate the fact that they are not on the android market. Anyone know why they decided that?

If they were on the Market, I would buy more of them, even if they charged $7 for them. I want all my apps managed and tracked in one place.

I recently had to hard reset my phone and getting my game back from them for free was a pain in the ***.

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I think gameloft went the route they did for a couple of reasons. They don't offer refunds , they would rather you just pick another game you like. Second would be that there is a huge part of the world that can't buy anything in the market.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So I downloaded Dungeon Hunter then decided to buy the game via the games "Get Game" option. It did not ask me for credit card info but I see that I can play the game past level 1 now. How was I charged for this? I assume it's gonna be on my next Sprint bill?

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
So I downloaded Dungeon Hunter then decided to buy the game via the games "Get Game" option. It did not ask me for credit card info but I see that I can play the game past level 1 now. How was I charged for this? I assume it's gonna be on my next Sprint bill?

It's my understanding that, that's how it works. However I can't personally verify this since I haven't bought a Gameloft game yet. (I plan on trying the Dungeon Hunter demo this weekend).

I hope there's a way and/or option to pay with a credit card rather then adding it to my carrier's bill.