Was on fence (Epic/Evo) but not so much...

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I am a huge fan of smart keyboard pro. I also use shapewriter sometimes, but usually just to show off what my EVO can do. Swiftkey is another one you might find interesting, as it tries to predict not only the word you are typing, but the next word in the sentence as well.

dcfella

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Just installed swype today. I never had problems with the stock keyboard(and I used voice to text a decent amount), but swype is pretty cool. It's a bit more accurate for me so far. I dont have to backspace and retype as much it seems.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i like a 4.3" display and no clunky keyboard/slider contraption. i like Sense and not TouchWiz. i like HTC design, sleekness, and build quality.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Evo last week. Still in 30 day window to change to Epic if I wished to. Went by Sprint today and played with Epic. Very nice screen. I was also intrigued by the keyboard. However, after playing around with the demo I could not but help think that there is no way that slider is going to hold up over time. Coming from a Pre, I am well aware of the "Oreo" effect. Something about moving parts on the Epic worries me. I am not overly impressed with the stock keyboard on the Evo. I played with Swype on the Epic and found it to be very responsive and could see myself getting quite efficient using it. Thus, I am leaning on keeping my Evo and hoping Swype comes out of beta sometime soon. Any suggestions on keyboards until Skype comes out of beta?

I just got back from best buy tonight. Checked out the Epic.. they still had some in stock.
After a full day of it being on the floor for everyone to open and close and play with...the slider was very loose. You could really and i mean really wiggle the keyboard when open..Just confirms to me I made the right choice with the evo. I was afraid of that keyboard having durability problems down the road.
Also went into the sprint store to check a live one out.. Those keyboards were loose as well. Not as bad as the best buy model. But still loose.
The sprint rep said they had plenty in stock. They had some pre order ones that no one came to pick up. Hmmnn if they seen the loose keyboards... I can't blame them.. Yeah the screen was nice.. but our 4.3" really does make a difference.
Bottom line... I am happy with the EVO!

neutron#AC

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I know I picked the right phone with the Evo. I had a Moment before this and I just can't trust another Samsung phone with all of the issues I've had with it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I messed with the Epic at BB today and I'm happy with my EVO. Maybe if it didn't have the keyboard I'd lean more toward it (but I'm not a big Samsung fan).

As far as keyboards go Swype, Swiftkey, and the Droid X multitouch are the best IMO.

You can get Swype but they said the more people that use the "unofficial" channels to get it the longer it will take to come out of beta.

DX multitouch is easy to find, too.