Found my pixel 2XL

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Somehow over the course of the year after I got a S20 and I COULD NOT find my pixel 2 XL no matter what. However, I did some extensive car cleaning and found it wedged in between one if the back seats. Ss long as it had been, I wasn't counting on it to power back on. But to my surprise it did, and it has updated to Android 11.

I actually am considering putting my sim in it for a little while because this phone actually still does certain things better than my S20 in my opinion(STILL not getting the Android 11 update on that -_-). The keyboard is easier for me to type and text with and seems more responsive.

Camera doesn't have as many tools as the S20, but it still does photography very well and isn't far off at all from my S20, in fact I think on just point and shoot mode, it's just as good if not better. Obviously S20 has more zoom and the extra lenses, but just from a pure point and shoot stand point-- pixel 2 XL still does very well.

Only real complaints I have are the battery doesn't have as much capacity-- which is a normal finding after a time of no use/charge and audio is somewhat tinny. But doing basic things like texting and typing I think the pixel keyboard is much better, I have far less accidental touches of nearby characters than what I experience with my S20.

Bottom line-- I'm happy to have my pixel 2 XL back and am pleasantly surprised with how well it does things compared to my S20.

Might switch the sim card back and forth between the two to save wear and tear on both. Good idea to keep one phone handy in case the other one goes down and you cannot get it fixed or replaced right away.

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I decided to check battery health by downloading accubattery since it has been a while since use. First result was 75 % now. It's up to 84%. Are these battery health apps inaccurate or does it take them time to learn the true status of your battery?

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
You could also get pretty good trade-in value for that for a Pixel 4a 5G: https://9to5google.com/2020/11/27/pixel-4a-5g-trade-in/

Yeah I thought about it, but even with the discount, that's still money I'll need for other things right now. I'm pretty pleased with my 2 XL even though it's at the end of it's software life. Really impressed by how the camera still performs and keyboard still works fantastic. I'll probably split time between this and my S20 as my daily drivers.

If not for financial reasons, I absolutely would jump in on that trade in deal, even though I'm still really pleased with my 2XL. Admittedly, it is taking adjustment to the screen not being as bright as my S20, but that's not a huge deal.

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I did some speed testing with the browsers and opening some apps between my pixel 2xl and s20. Pixel 2xl actually beat my s20 out several times. I think the advantage is still with the S20 on that front, but it was a close margin. I'd say 6-4 in favor of the S20 in that test. Pixel 2 XL is mighty impressive for a 3 year old device to hang that that tight with a 2020 flagship samsung.

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
One thing I'm also finding out is my pixel 2 XL is also much better at stand by time than my s20. My pixel 2 XL stays at virtually the same charge level if I don't use it. Whereas my S20 will lose 10-12% in the same amount of standby time.

I chalk that up to stock Android bring better optimized and efficient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress