Evo and Launcher Pro....Battery Drain

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else in here that has the EVO using Launcher Pro? I really am enjoying it but my battery life seems to be about 30-40 percent less.
With minimal use, it is at 20 percent by 5pm.
Just wondering if this is the nature of the best with the EVO?
Thanks,
Deano

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Nope I can almost bet it's not LauncherPro causing it. Using it on two phones with no battery drain. Get Spare Parts and look into your battery history and check to see if it's draining it.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I agree I've been using LauncherPro on my Evo for months now with no noticeable battery difference.

I've heard people say before switching to LauncherPro select the "Clean Slate" scene in sense to make sure you don't have any Sense Widgets running in the BG causing problems when you switch.

Once you're on a clean slate then switch to LauncherPro and setup your home screens, etc.

Not sure how big of a difference it makes or how true it is, but probably worth a shot.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Nope I can almost bet it's not LauncherPro causing it. Using it on two phones with no battery drain. Get Spare Parts and look into your battery history and check to see if it's draining it.

OK, stupid question. How do I look through the Spare parts options to see if it is draining it?

Tpain

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Try what bjordan said...

I doubt that launcher pro is causing your battery problems. It could be that youre using the phone more or even a weak cell signal can drain your battery quickly.

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree I've been using LauncherPro on my Evo for months now with no noticeable battery difference.

I've heard people say before switching to LauncherPro select the "Clean Slate" scene in sense to make sure you don't have any Sense Widgets running in the BG causing problems when you switch.

Once you're on a clean slate then switch to LauncherPro and setup your home screens, etc.

Not sure how big of a difference it makes or how true it is, but probably worth a shot.

I'm having the same issue as the OP. I am now running Fresh and it had good battery until I put in Launcher pro. Unfortunately I already set everything up. If I set the "Clean slate" screen in sense now, will it help? I did remove all the widgets from my screen on sense.

frieked

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Well since you are rooted you can just uninstall sense (and all the other HTC/Sprint junk). It's what I did and my battery is much better without it.

Chewieez

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm using LauncherPro Plus on my Evo and I regularly get 15 hours or so on a charge. I've just started testing out the app Juice Defender and it has been getting me even better battery life though I'm not 100% I like using it. Seems to slow down my push Gmail service.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been noticing the same. I go back to Sense and cannot stand it! I may hard reset and start over.

Thanks for the spare parts tip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty