google services problems on Oct 21, 2010

polecat99

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This morning, I am unable to connect to gmail, google maps and the app market. It just keeps saying things like "no connection", or "a network error has occured". I can download other websites ok and use other services (pandora, you tube), just not any google powered services (gmail, google maps, app market).
My wife says that she cannot connect to facebook either. (I don't use facebook.)

Is anyone else having these problems?

I found a few posts on this sprint forum where people have posted similar problems today:
HTC EVO 4G:GMail app and Market Not Working

Any suggestions on how to fix it? or, if it is a widespread problem, should I just wait for google to fix it?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
are you able to access these (google services) using Wifi? if so, then it's your data connection--and it's a Sprint network problem.

i've had that issue before--but it was when i first got my phone and my data connection wasn't enabled on Sprint's network. i had to do a hard reset and update PRL & Profile with sprint tech. but that was a last resort--no need unless told to do so.

try:
app tray>Sprint Zone>HELP--
"my device" will automatically test your Voice connection, 3g & 4g data connection---if you can receive 3G data from this screen, then it's strictly a google problem. if you are unable to receive a 3g signal/4g signal, then it's probably sprint's issue.

Reactions: polecat99

polecat99

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
are you able to access these (google services) using Wifi? if so, then it's your data connection--and it's a Sprint network problem..

I dont have wifi available right now, but I can use 3G and 4G just fine with non-google services.

try:
app tray>Sprint Zone>HELP--
"my device" will automatically test your Voice connection, 3g & 4g data connection---if you can receive 3G data from this screen, then it's strictly a google problem. if you are unable to receive a 3g signal/4g signal, then it's probably sprint's issue.

It said my voice, 3G and 4G data connection were all fine. I tried the "update profile" function found there, it finished succesfully but it doesnt seem to have helped the problem any.

polecat99

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Update: I tried google maps again,. and it is now loading new data. I tried app market, it works!
I could not get gmail to sync at first. I got it to load old conversations (when you scroll to the bottom of the list) and it would not do that before. I rebooted, and waited a few minutes and now gmail seems to be synced.
Yay!
Thanks to Google, or Sprint,. or whoever it was that fixed it.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Earlier today I stalled out and gave up on getting into the market, glad to hear it wasn't just me! I believe I had a similar stall on Google search earlier, but hadn't connected it with the market failure.