HTC EVO came out with an new update ???

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
They are working on a update. Since the last update, my (and others) wireless teethering have been having problems with range. I emailed sprint about the problem and they emailed me back telling me that they are aware of of the issue and here engineers are working hard for a fix. Root users can download a app and change there channel to help the problem but us non-root users are stuck with a poor signal range, even if my Evo is next to my ps3 or roku box. I could be wrong but that's all i can think off, plus other have said that they are having great battery life since the root update.

Reactions: ricketkm

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I choose not to root as I don't really feel like doing extra things to my Evo. I'm happy with just stock android, it suites me plenty for everyday use. Root users however do get the best out of there Evo with more options, but some like myself are just fine with stock.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Wi fi and wireless tethering are not the same thing. Hopefully they are fixing the wi fi issue that many have experienced.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Wi fi and wireless tethering are not the same thing. Hopefully they are fixing the wi fi issue that many have experienced.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

They are talking about the range of the connection when using the EVO as a hotspot. Not the range when connected to a wifi network. Both are having issues, but the range when being used as a hotspot is really bad for some.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I choose not to root as I don't really feel like doing extra things to my Evo. I'm happy with just stock android, it suites me plenty for everyday use. Root users however do get the best out of there Evo with more options, but some like myself are just fine with stock.

You are not running stock Android ;-) You are running Stock Sense.

Reactions: Jerzyiroc

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they are working on an end to free teatheting for rooted users.

I don't know if they'd really be able to do that. For instance if you root and flash CyanogenMod (which isn't made off of what htc/sprint did for the Evo) you get to use Android's stock tethering abilities (the ones that were removed by sprint/htc).

I guess they could do something about letting the wireless tether app run correctly but I think then the developer would just, hopefully, have a work around.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So how does this affect those of us that put the Unrevoked3 root on our phones.

It said it is permanent but I have to ask; will future patches mess us up, do we need to re-apply etc... Silly questions I am sure...

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I think there will be a higher version number then the leaked one xda got ahold of. I the email from sprint last week about them working on a wireless teethering fix. As someone else said, its probably a beta release that's why we have not got the update notice yet.

seybold24

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
i was told today by a sprint Tech at a sprint store that part of this new update was to update the HTC Sense. he said he got an early build and said it was AWESOME! i sure hope this is true. i love sense but its getting kinda outdated so it kinda makes sense..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch