Why are none of my chosen apps downloading?

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's my phone or Sprint, but this evening I've been trying to download about a dozen apps, and after I select the app then "install," I get the message telling me the app "will be downloaded." Time goes by and the apps have yet to be downloaded. I go back into appbrain to see what the status is, and all I get is the box saying "cancel download" with the progress bar at the top of the phone that says "starting download." The only thing is, it hasn't started the download. None of my apps have installed.

Last edited:

Stokes

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The issue is with the Market in general. It's been going on for quite a while, and it's pretty annoying. Let it run, and the apps should eventually download.

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
OK, good to know it's not my phone. Thanks.

BTW, right before I typed this, they installed. Well, some did. A few failed so I just redid them.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Menu> Settings> applications> manage applications> All> Market then "clear cache" usually fixes the problem for me. Might have to clear data too at times. I really hope they fix this soon.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's a froyo issue from what i hear. clearing the cache sometimes fixes it, and for me clearing data fixes it every time.

poolphilter

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had that problem too sometimes. I wound up uninstalling other apps and then the ones waiting installed immediately. Maybe the installer was waiting for sufficient room on the phone?