Did anyone receive a system update last night by any chance? I did... not sure what it actually updated but my screen started acting funky today. The screen out of no where started being unresponsive.

Anyone else experience this? If so, what have you done to correct any of it?

Thanks in advance,

Jdub__
    11-17-2010 05:45 PM
    Received an update but for voicemail only...

Did anyone receive a system update last night by any chance? I did... not sure what it actually updated but my screen started acting funky today. The screen out of no where started being unresponsive.

Anyone else experience this? If so, what have you done to correct any of it?

Thanks in advance,

Jdub__
    11-21-2010 10:10 PM
    i dont think you had any system update. i ran the firmware and the system updates and nothing. I think you had a program update from something in the market place. I have my phone set to automatically update everything, thus i dont need to worry to run the download in the marketplace. i check each program with the option to auto update.

lets face it with gingerbread its vaporware until it comes out. notice onone not one person has a leaked version for any android phone. Perhaps google will just kill it and say we are gonna release android 3.x in january and its only a month away anyhow so just wait...
    11-22-2010 06:46 AM
    dzuchowski, I am not sure how you can definitively say he did not have a system update. If you read the forums, there are a certain batch of EVOs that are actually getting a HTC Software Update to address some issues with the camera. Maybe he got the update last night.
    11-22-2010 07:45 AM
    Received an update but for voicemail only...

This is what I received also. It was a Sprint voice mail update, so I didn't let it threw until I read here. I was hoping you guys would already have the dirty little details.
    11-22-2010 08:58 AM
    thanks for all the responses.... And yes, it was a "System Update" not an application update.

Jdub__
    11-22-2010 09:22 AM
    i dont think you had any system update. i ran the firmware and the system updates and nothing. I think you had a program update from something in the market place. I have my phone set to automatically update everything, thus i dont need to worry to run the download in the marketplace. i check each program with the option to auto update.

lets face it with gingerbread its vaporware until it comes out. notice onone not one person has a leaked version for any android phone. Perhaps google will just kill it and say we are gonna release android 3.x in january and its only a month away anyhow so just wait...
    I'm pretty sure people can tell the difference between an application update and a system update.

I was one of the few (as it seems so far) that got a system update.
    11-22-2010 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD