Read-Only File System

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm trying to push a custom animation to my phone. When I do, I'm getting, "C:\android\tools>adb push bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource
failed to copy 'bootanimation.zip' to '/system/customize/resource/bootanimation.
zip': Read-only file system"

Am I doing something wrong?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm trying to push a custom animation to my phone. When I do, I'm getting, "C:\android\tools>adb push bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource
failed to copy 'bootanimation.zip' to '/system/customize/resource/bootanimation.
zip': Read-only file system"

Am I doing something wrong?

Are you rooted? You have to have root access and either mount the folder as read/write on the phone or push it as root with adb

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Bros, come on bros! You know I'm rooted. I've been rooted since day 2 of having the phone back in June. LOL!

Do you have Root Explorer installed? If so, just copy the file off your sd, go to your desired folder in system, on the upper right push mount as r/w, paste your file and then push mount as read only.

I'm not sure of the way to do it via adb.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know my ADBs so well. However, based on my linux experience, don't you need to chmod (or the adb equivalent) to push or overwrite a file?

In linux, you would check the permissions for the existing file if any, then chmod new permissions, and then push the new file.

root explorer works too, you have a gui interface to navigate through the file system and then change properties of files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez