Edit ONE instance of recurring event?

GNemes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
First, I sync with desktop Outlook (not Exchange) using HTC Sync. I do not use cloud apps at all as much of the data I manage is proprietary and I do not want to add it to the Google calendars, etc.

That out of the way ... periodically I need to change one instance of a recurring event. This is easily done in Outlook, but when I attempt to make a change on my Evo, the only option I get is to "Change all events in the series."

I can then change the description of the event and the time of the event, but not the date ... and all of this is for ALL events.

After all, sometimes a standard meeting date gets changed because of a conflict. Is there any solution?

(BTW, if anyone has yet to come up with a full-blown Outlook sync program that actually does sync Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes without Google ... I'd sure appreciate knowing what you're using. I did try CompanionLink when I first got the phone and there were some issues then, although I can't recall exactly what they were. But it was enough that I gave up. I'd love to find something like Iambic's Agendus that I used on my Palm ....)

Thanks!

Reactions: timwatt2020

revhumbert

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Recurring calendar issue

i have the exact same problem. anyone know how to edit (ie, delete or change) a single calendar entry within a recurring series?

bonsai1003

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same issue on my HTC Desire as well. No way I can edit/delete single occurrences of recurring events.

On top of that I have yearly recurring events (birthdays) that completely desynchronised. Date/time format issue I guess. They start on a different date and a most bizar hour and run over two days (24 hours though). I wonder if that has to do with International date/time Settings?

timwatt2020

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
(BTW, if anyone has yet to come up with a full-blown Outlook sync program that actually does sync Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes without Google ... I'd sure appreciate knowing what you're using. I did try CompanionLink when I first got the phone and there were some issues then, although I can't recall exactly what they were. But it was enough that I gave up. I'd love to find something like Iambic's Agendus that I used on my Palm ....)
Thanks!

I have been using VCOrganizer with Outlook syncs with Outlook just like my old palm categorys and all worked out the box - it also syncs with Google but is 100% independent of google. (i don't use google to sync any data.)

I have the same problem with the HTC calender, I used used VCOrganizer std (to sync just Notes and tasks). I tried Pro and it works well but, I don't get the calendar pop ups on the HTC lock screen.

I would love HTC to fix this.