Cool new things?

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Alright so i am interested in new things that are being done with your EVO cause
right now i am kinda bored with my EVO and i wanna what new things are going on that i have not heard of and things that make you love your EVO. So please let me know what's going on with you and your EVO :D

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Flash a different Rom. Look into different kernels. Change your wall paper. Just some simple suggestions to keep it fresh.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Apart from the obvious... unless you "root' the device - that's pretty much it. It's the same with any other device. :)

westhillsat

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yep, rooting your phone opens up a whole new world,
Glad I rooted in January. Just gotta read up and be careful and follow directions.

The HDMI full mirroring is really cool as it progresses - a work of art!

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the good morning app to wake me up with my own message read aloud, followed by the local weather forecast for the day.

I really like that app. I particularly like that it reads the weather for the day. Too, too cool. :cool:

Tip for anyone who looks for it in the Market... search for "Good morning alarm." If you just enter "Good morning" you get quite a few hits. This one is by "Flywheel".

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I've only been rooted since Saturday,so I'm still a "root noob" running CM7. I'm trying to hold off on buying ROM Manager Premium in hopes of 4g coming to RC1, but today is the first day that I paid for an app (SetCPU). I've got it set up based on reading someone else's post,so we will see how that goes as far as my battery life.

Other than that,I'm just browsing the Market looking for the best apps for rooted phones!!!

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted and i have been flashing different things but i just wanna see what other things you guys are doing. Glad some of you guys understood what i wanted :D

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the good morning app to wake me up with my own message read aloud, followed by the local weather forecast for the day.

Lately I've been alternating using an app called WakeVoice that is similar to Good Morning, but different.... :) It is another "alarm clock" app, but after reading the weather will read news headlines. Unlike Good Morning, it does not read your calendar entries for the day, but you can choose to have it be humorous, in which case it puts little jokes into what it says such as "it is cloudy, there is no danger of you needing sunscreen today" and similar stuff. Nothing dramatic, but it is a change from the other app, and was well worth the couple of bucks for the full version.

legz

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Lately I've been alternating using an app called WakeVoice that is similar to Good Morning, but different.... :) It is another "alarm clock" app, but after reading the weather will read news headlines. Unlike Good Morning, it does not read your calendar entries for the day, but you can choose to have it be humorous, in which case it puts little jokes into what it says such as "it is cloudy, there is no danger of you needing sunscreen today" and similar stuff. Nothing dramatic, but it is a change from the other app, and was well worth the couple of bucks for the full version.

I agree with you. WakeVoice is different and... IMO much better ! Humorous weather and RSS feeds reading are so good !
More info here : WakeVoice official website.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Get into geocaching. It's not a new thing but may be new to you. :D You can use a geocaching app on your phone to find GPS based items that are hidden all over the world. I geocache all the time with my kiddos. There are hundreds of hidden items in any given location as there are people from all over the world that play.

Here is the official app (there's a video in this link that explains what geocaching is):
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.groundspeak.geocaching&feature=search_result

Here is a free app (that I use):
https://market.android.com/details?id=carnero.cgeo&feature=related_apps

Here is another add on (that I also use):
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.radar&feature=order_history
For the radar app ^^^ people write bad review saying it doesn't work. It's not a stand alone app, it only works inside other GPS based apps, like the geocaching apps.

You will need to create an account (it's free) on the geocaching website for any of these apps to work. Do that here:
http://www.geocaching.com/

Last edited:

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone pretty much the same every day. I dont really get all too bored with it. If i get close too, i just search through the forums or the market for something new to do. Usually find something fun or usefull

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo