SD card seems to reverse anything I do at remounting

rubashev

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 weird issues:
The rooted EVO 3.26.651.6 Kernel 2.6.32.15-g746f4f0 from time to time mounts card read-only. It is inconvenient, but tolerable.
However I just discovered, that during remounting it erases pretty much all new stuff and restores the card to the same state. I even tried to delete all old pictures. After shooting some new pictures, I wanted to copy them to Linux box and connected it by USB cable 'As Disk'. There was no new pictures, but old ones were back. Right before connecting everything was OK: only new pictures were in /sdcard/DCIM/100MEDIA
Did several experiments: right before connecting, I copied (using terminal) sevderal pictures to /sdcard/download. After connecting, the copied files disappeared as well. Somehow this does not affect Notes, created by the Notes app.
The same behavior observed when EVO switches SD card mount from read-only to read-write mode.
Please help.
Vladimir.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like it is always mounting as read-only. That is the only explanation I can see for why you try to add or delete things to the SD card and when you plug it into your computer, there are no changes.

I would take the card out of the phone, copy the files to a folder, format the card, and copy the files back and then re-install the card in the EVO.

This would be a pretty simple test to see if the SD card is the culprit.

rubashev

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response.
However, this is not the case.
The SD card did have the new files.
I verified them using the Shell interface as well as by File Manager App and by the Camera app iself. However, when the card was remounted, the state was reversed back to approximately the time when I rooted the phone. I do not know for sure though.
Anyway, I purchased a new card and it works now.
Will try to recover the 'erased files' from old one and format it.
Regards.
Vladimir.