Battery Died Completely?

majedkassis

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I went to bed with 1/4 of the battery remaining. I plugged in my EVO to charge it. When I woke up my EVO was off and it wouldn't turn on. When I plugged it in, the orange light flashed (I'm pretty sure it does that when the phone is off). If I use another EVO battery (Luckily I had a spare), it works fine.

Should I be worried that my EVO is killing batteries? If I go up to a Sprint store do you think they would give me another battery?

thekid

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
battery's die some times and i would give it a try at sprint, only thing they can say is yes or no. its worth a try

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I went to bed with 1/4 of the battery remaining. I plugged in my EVO to charge it. When I woke up my EVO was off and it wouldn't turn on. When I plugged it in, the orange light flashed (I'm pretty sure it does that when the phone is off). If I use another EVO battery (Luckily I had a spare), it works fine.

Should I be worried that my EVO is killing batteries? If I go up to a Sprint store do you think they would give me another battery?

Can't speak for *how* you're killing the batteries, but there's a known flaw in the EVO that if the battery is d-e-a-d DEAD, it won't even charge in the phone. You can, however, charge it outside the phone (either in another device, or a charger), pop it back in and it'll work just fine.

That's why I still have my Touch Pro 2. :p

Reactions: majedkassis

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Try putting the battery (not the phone) in the freezer for a few minutes and then try to charge it again. Wouldn't hurt to see if it works.