Multi-Boot Roms

h4ck0rk1d

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi i was browsing around on the internet and i came across a website that allowed you to multiboot roms on your android device. I was wondering if anyone knew or would try to see if this was working cuz the Evo 4g is listed in the supported devices but not the Shift. This would be awesome to boot between miui, cm7 and sense. Thanks to whoever replies.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You could download and try.... Just make sure you have a nandroid before you start flashing anything. Despite what people think the EVO and the Shift aren't that similar, so use at your own risk. You could always contact the dev to see what they have to say about using it on a unsupported device. IMO, this is more for testing ROMs than doing actual dual boot. I believe the extra ROM will run off your sd card, so you'll need a fast card in order for it to run smoothly, also you'll probably see higher CPU temps which makes overheating a risk. For me its just as easy to keep a couple nand backups and switch when needed... Just my thoughts. :)

BiffTirkle

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
its just as easy to keep a couple nand backups and switch when needed... Just my thoughts. :)

thanks! That's a great way to put it in perspective. I stumbled across the same app/site, it intrigued me so I've been browsing around looking into more info. This set my wandering at ease, especially since I just picked up a 32 gig mem card, tons of space for androids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress