[ROM Alert] TMartinPPC ShiftyGingerSense v1.0

YoungCorruption

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
i figured it out. i can't flash any roms. i get errors on every rom i try, clockswork mod must have gotten screwed up somehow but i haven't been able to fix it yet. gonna try to uninstall and then reinstall it to see what happens

lancer1991#AC

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what happened but everything as far as settings should be restored. I've gotten to where I use Mybackup Root to backup everything, Data and apps+data. I use titanium for other things but I had some issue restoring apps. As far as google accounts, anytime you wipe and flash a fresh ROM you'll have to setup your accounts again. That's why I have several backups saved on my SD cards in case I want to switch ROM's but don't want to go through the process of setting everything back up.

On my third try and still not right. This time I tried using just MyBackup and ring tones still not correct, duplicate ring tones in the list, phone history shows unknown for everything. I think I restore back to original and call it "I'm frustrated" day and not try again. Oh yeah, it seams to take forever to restore apps and all the data, like an hour, but restore via Clockwork seems to go in about 10 minutes or so.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
On my third try and still not right. This time I tried using just MyBackup and ring tones still not correct, duplicate ring tones in the list, phone history shows unknown for everything. I think I restore back to original and call it "I'm frustrated" day and not try again. Oh yeah, it seams to take forever to restore apps and all the data, like an hour, but restore via Clockwork seems to go in about 10 minutes or so.

Restoring apps usually take a little while. Did you make sure to reboot your phone after you made the backup of your data? only other thing I can think of.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
QUESTION!!!! does this rom have the screen on/off animation like cm7??????????( when it looks like it turns off like a tv)
:-\

If you use MikShift's beta he released e few days ago, it has that feature. Im running it now and its real smooth.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what it is, but hotmail just won't work right on this ROM for me. I get two e-mails and that's it though it's set for two weeks back, and as it starts the first sync it says 1/45 then just stops. So I know it sees more. I've tried deleting those two emails as well as the next in line but it doesn't matter. I've re-set it up several times using all different methods. Activesync, imap, auto, manual, etc.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what it is, but hotmail just won't work right on this ROM for me. I get two e-mails and that's it though it's set for two weeks back, and as it starts the first sync it says 1/45 then just stops. So I know it sees more. I've tried deleting those two emails as well as the next in line but it doesn't matter. I've re-set it up several times using all different methods. Activesync, imap, auto, manual, etc.

That's strange.. Is it only on the Ginger Sense ROM? You may want to try running the MikShift or nfinitefx45's version, They're both actively being worked on. The GingerSense was thrown together a few hours after the leak and hasn't been worked on since. You may have better luck with another version of the Gingerbread leak. Just a suggestion.:)

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Oddly enough I tried a different hotmail account and it worked fine. Tried the first one again and still wont work. :(

Figured it out I think, that or it's coincidence. I deleted the account again and this time I went to Accounts & Sync under settings, and noticed it lists Exchange AND Mail. I chose mail and let it auto setup and it appears to be working fine and syncing both ways. I must have done that with the previous working account I guess and the times it didn't work I suppose was when I went the Exchange activesync route. It seems to be doing activesync anyway through Mail, I dont' have it in front of me right now to verify it's using push. I don't have those two options on my Droid Incredible which is also Froyo and Sense 1.0, so I'm guessing its a new Sense thing.

Last edited:

jhoove09#IM

Jun 12, 2010
plus.google.com
I've been using this ROM for a few days now and it's working great. You have to flash from recovery. I had some trouble getting process to work any other way. When I ref lashed from recovery, it's blazing fast and everything seems to be working fantastically. Thanks.

jsun1973

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to give my two cents - been using it for about 3 hours at this point.

I downloaded the ROM over wi-fi via my CM7 ROM onto the SD card. I made a full nandroid backup, then used ROM Manager to install.

There was an instance during the system software portion of the install that I thought it hung up. Be patient, it felt like I waited 10 minutes for it to complete.

Once it installed, it went through a reboot and hung for a little while on the HTC white screen. Again, was VERY patient with it and it went through.

On initial load, after pulling down the lock bar, it went back to the HTC white screen. I was having luck with my patience, so I waited a while for it to load up. It eventually loaded into ROM.

I was getting a force close error after flashing when working with some of the menus, but ROM Manager's permission fix seems to have worked that out.

All in all, I think being patient and not ripping out the battery will help if you run into issues. I would say if you are waiting more than 20 minutes, something probably went wrong.

Everything is working great at this point - I missed having a sense ROM, it turns out. Loving the new skins and profile settings. Seems to be pretty smooth so far.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This is a nice ROM but I've moved onto the MikShift version.. Its quicker and uses less space. Waiting on the full working release of the Kingdom ROM.. Its one of the coolest ROMs I've used.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Is that Mikshift version 1.1 your using, crump?

No I'm using MikShifted G beta. It's his version of the Gingerbread and Sense 2.1 leak. There's actually a couple of different version on his site HERE. I'm using Jdeloach's odex version, it's pretty smooth with a few custom tweaks.

jsun1973

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info - I'm still having the "process theme.tmobile.thememanager has stopped unexpectedly" issue, so I might switch over. We'll see how bad it gets first, it seems to only mess with Weatherbug so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer