Seidio Innocase Surface Case

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought the purple case for my wife. Here are a few pics for those interested. I have a few comparison shots with an EVO Shift that doesn't have a case as well so you can see how much thickness it adds. I like the case. It feels the same as the back of the Shift for the most part. Both the Shifts in the pictures also had the Seidio screen protectors installed which fit and feel great and have no adhesive(took about 15 minutes a piece since I am so picky about getting every last piece of dust out from underneath...scotch tape is your friend, LOL). At $30 the case is a little spendy but it fits perfectly and doesn't feel like the top will pop off or anything. The screen protectors were $15 for two(or $10 for one). Also a coupon code (DISC2011) was good for 10% off. I thought it was a good thing to spend some left over Christmas money on :)

p1040249y.jpg

p1040250.jpg

p1040252v.jpg

p1040253e.jpg

p1040254f.jpg

p1040255.jpg

p1040256e.jpg

p1040257p.jpg

http://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/5306.htm

Last edited:

lancer1991#AC

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That looks to add some thickness. Right now the Shift is as thick as my Nextel Blackberry and anything Nextel was always the thickest on the market. Does that case make it uncomfortable to carry in the pocket? I use to use a belt clip with my BB so trying to get use to having the phone in the pocket.

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
That looks to add some thickness. Right now the Shift is as thick as my Nextel Blackberry and anything Nextel was always the thickest on the market. Does that case make it uncomfortable to carry in the pocket? I use to use a belt clip with my BB so trying to get use to having the phone in the pocket.

I can check but not for two days. My wife went out of town. It definitely doesn't feel all that much thicker when you hold it but I didn't try it in my pocket. I can't imagine there is really any case that will be thinner than this.

GoneTomorrow

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the comparison shots! Small size is of paramount importance to me in a phone, for which reason I've never found a case to my liking for any phone I've used, so usually my phones go naked (same for screen protectors, they remove the smoothness of the original surface). All the same, this case seems to add significant bulk, especially to the thickness, but that's just my extreme finickiness.

Sonkway

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I wonder Seidio make cases for other companies as well. This case looks exactly like the "Platinum Series" case I got at Best Buy with the exception of the branding on the back (Seidio vs. Pt) and that it came with a holster. It came as a package with an Invisible Shield shield protector and car charger for ~$60. I've had the case on for 2 weeks and have no substantial complaints. One thing - the case does cover up the lights on the keyboard indicating Shift or Function.

Here's a link to the Best Buy version:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Platinum+Series+-+Case+for+HTC+EVO+Shift+4G+Mobile+Phones+-+Black/1806155.p?id=1218293493615&skuId=1806155

Last edited:

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
While the seidio cases are more expensive they are, by far, the best cases you can get for your phone. I was planning on getting the semi extended battery and the sage case but Im opting to wait for the super extended battery for a week or so. If by about mid feburary they dont have the super extended out Ill get the semi extended and a green case.

Does the top peice get in the way of typing on the top row at all?

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
While the seidio cases are more expensive they are, by far, the best cases you can get for your phone. I was planning on getting the semi extended battery and the sage case but Im opting to wait for the super extended battery for a week or so. If by about mid feburary they dont have the super extended out Ill get the semi extended and a green case.

Does the top peice get in the way of typing on the top row at all?

I used the keyboard briefly(sent a text message to my other phone) I can still type just as fast and accurate with it but I do feel the case touching/rubbing against my thumb nails when I use the top row. I don't feel anything touching them otherwise. I have large hands though. My wife has not said anything to me about it and it isn't something that would prevent me from getting the case if I wanted one on my phone.

If you move your screen down slightly so it just covers up the FN/CAPS lights but not the text you can simulate what it would feel like with the case on there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez