HTC Flyer vs. Galazy Tab

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so the specs speak for them selves. HTC will be faster, more memory, and (likely) will be 4G.

OTHER THAN THAT...

I am really itching for a Tab, and I like all of the OEM accessories Samsung has. (Car Dock, Keyboard, etc)

Think HTC will have the following and support the Tab has?

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I personally think the Flyer will end up being more of a niche product, with followers being primarily people who want pen input.

If you're considering a Tab and aren't dead-set on a 7" screen, I'd also consider waiting until Samsung fully unveils this supposed 8.9-inch variant.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I personally think the Flyer will end up being more of a niche product, with followers being primarily people who want pen input.

If you're considering a Tab and aren't dead-set on a 7" screen, I'd also consider waiting until Samsung fully unveils this supposed 8.9-inch variant.

Some of us are contractors, and being able to have someone sign an invoice on the spot in an app all digital is a BIG plus

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Some of us are contractors, and being able to have someone sign an invoice on the spot in an app all digital is a BIG plus

Which would put you in the aforementioned niche, along with artists, designers, and the like.

Most people in the consumer tablet market, though, seem to have bought into Steve Jobs' position that if you're using a stylus, you're doing it wrong.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Which would put you in the aforementioned niche, along with artists, designers, and the like.

Most people in the consumer tablet market, though, seem to have bought into Steve Jobs' position that if you're using a stylus, you're doing it wrong.

Not sure about that, there is no tablet out there that highlight the ability to write on a tablet. The tablet market is a pretty open frontier right now and there are not set standards. Beside anybody who wants to write notes will find the flyer attractive. You don't see university students tapping away on ipads in class. They mainly do in on laptops and netbooks. And of course you see them writing their notes on paper.

Spoon

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
typing up notes > writing notes becuase it's more efficient. unless it's math class. if you can get a tablet that can do both very well... sold. htc flyer fit's that category.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Between the two, I'd go HTC flyer. There will be accessories. I really hope HTC releases something a little larger than the flyer, with pen input though, and I'd probably buy it. Add in dual core for a reasonable price ($630 32Gb WiFi), and I'd buy in a heartbeat.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so the specs speak for them selves. HTC will be faster, more memory, and (likely) will be 4G.

OTHER THAN THAT...

I am really itching for a Tab, and I like all of the OEM accessories Samsung has. (Car Dock, Keyboard, etc)

Think HTC will have the following and support the Tab has?
Are we talking about the 8.9" tab?

It will have a dual core processor with better GPU, better screen, and newer OS. I know HTC will update to Honeycomb, but that could be many months away. It is all dependent on when Google allows them to start development on it.

I like the Flyer's ability to write on screen, but I honestly can't see myself doing this that often. Plus I'm not really a fan of the 7" screen as it's too small. The 10.1" is a bit much IMO as I just returned my Xoom because I didn't like a screen that big.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The Flyer/EVO View Would be my choice also... The G.tab is still good device depending on your needs ... 7" is IMO the best size for overall travel portability needs. The 8"+ tab will probably be the next standard ...

I mainly use my Tab for music and some games. I would love to replace my car radio with a unit for the tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non