HUB and Charger advice

bluesmanuk

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I have just been given a use Mate 20 Pro with no accessories.

This is my first device with a USB-C port and reading what seems to be a mess with regards to USB-C standards and devices being fried by using the wrong cables etc I need some advice about what to buy for my particular use.

Firstly I have zero interest in using it as a phone and intend to hook it up to my TV with a hub to use as a media player and some gameplay.

As far as the charger goes, the official one seems to be the HW-100400B00 that states the output to be 5v2a, 9x2a or 10v4a.

The type of hub that I intend to use will likely be populated by HDMI, a USB 3.0 Flash drive, an external USB 3.0 SSD, MicroSD card, Gigabit Ethernet and a USB dongle for a Logitech K400 keyboard/mouse dongle. I won't need wifi on the phone to be turned on but will be using bluetooth for some heaphones.

So the charger will be connected to the USB-C PD plug in the hub to power the whole shebang.

Not knowing what the power requirements of the phone will be base upon maximum load I cannot reasonably accurately calculate whether the official charger will be able to deliver power to support the phone and all peripherals etc

And base upon the 5v2a, 9x2a or 10v4a labelling on the charger, I am completely clueless as to just how much power will be output with the default cable.

I am used to 5v2a, 12v/2a devices that are very specific when it comes to the supplied AC adapters that have no ambiguity in the specs but this one has me stumped.

I don't want to risk frying anything or the charger failing to deliver the required amount on juice make it all work.

Thanks all.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz