Damage Control 2.1 or Fresh 2.0d?

onejoo1

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I Have gone back and forth from Damagecontrol to fresh, back and forth, I like different aspects on each rom but still can't make a permanant decision. Give me your input please.

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to determine this as well. I am currently running fresh 2.0d at this time and trying to see which one has the better battery life. Thus far I'm not seeing anything too drastic on Fresh 2.0d over DC2.1. Because of this I'm sure that I will not be too far out from flashing back to DC2.1.

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Also for some reason some of the HTC widgets will not install on Fresh 2.0d. Such as the Battery widget and fact of the day. That might put me on over to the DC side again. I do like some of the stock Sprint stuff. The reason I did go to Fresh was the pre-installed Sprint Football app.

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Also for some reason some of the HTC widgets will not install on Fresh 2.0d. Such as the Battery widget and fact of the day. That might put me on over to the DC side again. I do like some of the stock Sprint stuff. The reason I did go to Fresh was the pre-installed Sprint Football app.

clear the data and caches from htc sence then reboot and the htc widgets will/should work

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
I've never had any luck with any of Damage's ROMs. To this day my favorite ROM is Gumbo 1.5c, but I've moved on to Fresh 2.0d since then.

onejoo1

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site

I've noticed that as well. I really enjoy the htc battery widget. And now i have to go back to an older batter widget on 2.0d. Well see, ill flash D.C. 2.1 in the morning (more so later today).

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been using damage control roms for 2.1 but am now running the Fresh rom. I can have protected apps on Fresh and I like the look of the phone button. Fresh ditched a bunch of the Sprint bloat apps as well.

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I was with DC at first, but I lost most of my purchased apps, so I went over to Fresh and it's worked out well so far. Love the look of the new phone bar as well, looks great!

onejoo1

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I was with DC at first, but I lost most of my purchased apps, so I went over to Fresh and it's worked out well so far. Love the look of the new phone bar as well, looks great!

Yeah, I also noticed that I was missing some protected apps in DC. But you're absolutely right about the espresso rosie. I like it a lot more than the regular.

I have noticed a little bit more lag in Fresh than DC, maybe it's just me.

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I also noticed that I was missing some protected apps in DC. But you're absolutely right about the espresso rosie. I like it a lot more than the regular.

I have noticed a little bit more lag in Fresh than DC, maybe it's just me.

Yeah, I think I agree with you on that one, it's still better than stock, but just a bit worse than DC, but I'd rather have my protected apps than have it bit JUST A BIT smoother, but that's just me..

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I just got the vanilla lockscreen from Fresh, and I gotta say, for some reason, the phone feels much faster and smoother than before the lockscreen.. I don't think that's really possible, but hey, whatever works :)

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I prefer Fresh ROM. Damage is ill, but not quite ready for prime time imho. I'll wait for the official Sprint release, then see what Damage has to offer again. In the meanwhile I've never had an issue EVER with Fresh ROM. Flipzmode is sick!!

Th3Cap3

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I thought the purchased apps were linked to your google account......is it possible that your status as paying for something changes if you flash a custom ROM?

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Your status for paying never changes. All my paid apps said they ere purchased after flashing multiple roms. It will forget you've downloaded free apps. Make sure to backup your apps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non