Sync Problems

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I have had issues with sync problems almost daily. After doing a factory hard reset, during the day, facebook, twitter, and google acct will work fine. Right around late afternoon or late evening (11pm), the accounts will stop sync'ing. No more emails, twitter, or facebook feed. I have gone through tech assistance over the phone and done lots of hard resents. Next step for me was to go to the store and talk to the tech dept in person. I have gone to the local Sprint store 4 times and the result has been the same according to their tech department:

1.. Diagnostic states computer error.
2. An app is borking the sync.
3. Factory reset.
4. Sync works again.
5. There is nothing wrong with the phone as far as parts. Stop downloading apps.

After getting into a back and forth with the manager, she suggested another way to find the fix. a) leave the phone for two or three days at the store where they will download e/a app I have downloaded until they find culprit or b) doing it myself until I find the app stopping the sync'ing

Before I do that, two questions:

1.) Does the Advanced Task Killer or any task killer ever stop the syncing process for the google acct et al?
2) Does the Doggcatcher ever done the same thing?
3) Has anyone had similar situation and what has been the known fix?

I have searched in this forum and via google and have not found a similar situation.
:(

urushiol

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had issues with sync problems almost daily. After doing a factory hard reset, during the day, facebook, twitter, and google acct will work fine. Right around late afternoon or late evening (11pm), the accounts will stop sync'ing. No more emails, twitter, or facebook feed. I have gone through tech assistance over the phone and done lots of hard resents. Next step for me was to go to the store and talk to the tech dept in person. I have gone to the local Sprint store 4 times and the result has been the same according to their tech department:

1.. Diagnostic states computer error.
2. An app is borking the sync.
3. Factory reset.
4. Sync works again.
5. There is nothing wrong with the phone as far as parts. Stop downloading apps.

After getting into a back and forth with the manager, she suggested another way to find the fix. a) leave the phone for two or three days at the store where they will download e/a app I have downloaded until they find culprit or b) doing it myself until I find the app stopping the sync'ing

Before I do that, two questions:

1.) Does the Advanced Task Killer or any task killer ever stop the syncing process for the google acct et al?
2) Does the Doggcatcher ever done the same thing?
3) Has anyone had similar situation and what has been the known fix?

I have searched in this forum and via google and have not found a similar situation.
:(

When everything stops syncing, does your mobile network still function, like can you browse the internet? It may be possible to kill an app with a task killer that will bork syncing.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
When everything stops syncing, does your mobile network still function, like can you browse the internet? It may be possible to kill an app with a task killer that will bork syncing.

Not only does the mobile networ function, but this is the weird thing HTC mail will continue to get the Gmail email, but not the Gmail app. :eek:

Update: I did not download Doggcatcher. I noticed last time that the sync'ing was working. I downloaded Doggcatcher and started to download a couple of feeds. I noted the hour it I did so. When I woke up in the morning, the sync stopped. Checked whe it stopped and it was the same time I was using Doggcatcher. I haven't used Doggcatcher and have had no problems with sync in the last two days. I googled reg. this issue with Doggcatcher and only found one mention where it directly stated that this app had borked the sync in the Android.

It may be possible to kill an app with a task killer that will bork syncing.

Which do you recommend and what process for this case?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty