Is Eclair 2.0 or higher Available Manually for Sprint Hero?

jmcgarrell

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
There are some 2.1 roms floating around, they were tweaked/created by users.

If your looking for a manual update from sprint........ its not gonna happen til sometime next year.

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
im running 2.1 right now on my sprint hero but its still not fully functional

I saw 2.1 floating around xda. Is it worth even using right now? or should we wait? In other words, what are the advantages of switching to 2.1? Is the slugginess gone?

Thanks

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to keep asking questions, but is it a big difference over 1.5, and when you say getting there, how do you update it? Do you have to keep hard resetting the phone and flashing it when a new update has come out?

thanks

grifforama

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
Sorry to butt in on this thread, but I have some questions also.
I recently rooted my hero, and attempted to drop a custom ROM on it, whereupon I royally bricked the phone.
Luckily, it was within my 30 day grace period at Best Buy, and they swapped it for a new one with no questions asked.
I'm now petrified to do anything remotely similar again.
However, having said that, if I did decide to go for it again, can you please let me know what is the best 2.0 or 2.1 custom Mod avaiable for the Sprint Hero.
I have also the latest firmware I believe. 1.56.651.2 CL85027 build.
Do I need to downgrade it before I root it again ?
I would really like to get apps2sd working. This is the only real reason for me to do this.

Do you also think that someone may eventually come up with a software method of rooting and updating the ROMS, like the iphone ones ?

Forgive me if I sound like a newbie, but I am.

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
Sorry to butt in on this thread, but I have some questions also.
I recently rooted my hero, and attempted to drop a custom ROM on it, whereupon I royally bricked the phone.
Luckily, it was within my 30 day grace period at Best Buy, and they swapped it for a new one with no questions asked.
I'm now petrified to do anything remotely similar again.
However, having said that, if I did decide to go for it again, can you please let me know what is the best 2.0 or 2.1 custom Mod avaiable for the Sprint Hero.
I have also the latest firmware I believe. 1.56.651.2 CL85027 build.
Do I need to downgrade it before I root it again ?
I would really like to get apps2sd working. This is the only real reason for me to do this.

Do you also think that someone may eventually come up with a software method of rooting and updating the ROMS, like the iphone ones ?

Forgive me if I sound like a newbie, but I am.

so far there is only one rom of each 2.0(stock vanilla) and 2.1(sence ui) the 1.56 update did not block the root loophole so its good there and i dont understand the last question (never owned a iphone dont know how they work) with the revovery img that they have out for the hero its real easy to make backups (so not to brick your phone) and flash new roms took me longer to download a rom then it did to flash it on my phone

grifforama

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks.

The software thing I was asking was basically that some hackers had managed to build a program that effectively updated the iphone while it was plugged in to your computer. Sort of like HTC Sync, but it (I'm guessing) flashed the recovery image and loaded a new ROM automatically for you without you having to go through the terminal.

where is the best place to look for the steps to take to download the 2.0 and 2.1 ROMS and recovery images ?

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks.

The software thing I was asking was basically that some hackers had managed to build a program that effectively updated the iphone while it was plugged in to your computer. Sort of like HTC Sync, but it (I'm guessing) flashed the recovery image and loaded a new ROM automatically for you without you having to go through the terminal.

where is the best place to look for the steps to take to download the 2.0 and 2.1 ROMS and recovery images ?

with root you can just download a teminal emulator for your phone and do it all from your phone xda devolpers is where i got all my info and gphil(i think thats his screen name) here on these forums

grifforama

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
So, I have rooted now. I've checked I have root access on my phone by using a file manager on it, and I have access to the root.

So, now if I want to flash a recovery image, say, recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2, can I flash this, NOT load a custom ROM, and still use my phone ?

~Or do I have to flash the recovery image, AND load a custom ROM ?

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
So, I have rooted now. I've checked I have root access on my phone by using a file manager on it, and I have access to the root.

So, now if I want to flash a recovery image, say, recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2, can I flash this, NOT load a custom ROM, and still use my phone ?

~Or do I have to flash the recovery image, AND load a custom ROM ?

you can just flash he recovery image no need to do a rom if you dont want one ....also when you do flash the recovery img be sure and make a nandroid back up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty