Switching from CLIQ to MT4G

RWWackostu

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I have what you would call a mixed marriage. I am a crackberry addict, and SWMBO loves her some android. I was able to get her a new MT4G, and was wondering how on Androids you go about switching info between devices. With BB you have the DM software which runs everything for you. Going from the POS cliq to the MT, how do I move everything that needs to be moved. Is it as easy as saving everything to the sim? Can I even use the old sim?

Sorry for the noob questions, but if this was a BB, id be all over it. Just getting my feet wet with android. Any help and guidance is appreciated.

Last edited:

GSUFan513

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I have what you would call a mixed marriage. I am a crackberry addict, and SWMBO loves her some android. I was able to get her a new MT4G, and was wondering how on Androids you go about switching info between devices. With BB you have the DM software which runs everything for you. Going from the POS cliq to the MT, how do I move everything that needs to be moved. Is it as easy as saving everything to the sim? Can I even use the old sim?

Sorry for the noob questions, but if this was a BB, id be all over it. Just getting my feet wet with android. Any help and guidance is appreciated.

I'm not positive about the Cliq but pretty sure, that this is the case....

As long as she has a GMail acct. linked to her Cliq, then everything transfers over with the MT4G as soon as she logs into her GMail acct on the phone. Make sure the auto updating is on, and all of the contacts and applications that she downloaded will be re-downloaded on the new MT4G. If anyone could confirm this it would be helpful for the OP I'm sure.

RWWackostu

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
The confusing thing is that MotoBlur is such a pos interface that Im not sure what will be saved and moved, and what will be lost. I dont think she has even used the gmail account. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the idea and for responding.

GSUFan513

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
No problem. I would just set up a Gmail account, if it hasn't been created, keep the cliq on for a couple of days... and then pop in the sim to the MT4G, see if it updates over the first hour...if not, pop it back, take it to the store, and see if they can transfer phonebook and what not over.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If she used the market she has a gmail account. Paid apps will automatically transfer. Contacts will also. You can also use appbrain to back up your apps so you know what to reinstall.

Reactions: RWWackostu

tazzy695

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
unfortunately just logging into the gmail acc wont transfer the contacts as motoblur (garbage) takes over that task on the pos Motorola phones

I am a former cliq owner and just changed to mt4g myself and had to manually transfer all my contacts and numbers over very annoying if you ask me

RWWackostu

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Tazzy, that is what I am worried about. MT$G comes today and I dont want to spend all night re-installing her contacts. Any work arounds. God I hate MotoBlur!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez