Moving to mT4G ... need advice

osutuba

The Tuba Geek
Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, I am finally taking the plunge into Android! After owning a BB Curve 8320 for the past couple of years, I'm purchasing the myTouch 4g this afternoon for me and my wife.

Are there any tutorials/how-tos, etc. so I can hit the ground running with this bad boy? Also, what apps do you recommend?

andrewb#AC

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
bite the bullet and get iPhones. You will be much happier with the HDR camera, the amount you can video, 32gb over 8, and the fact that the battery lasts at least 4 times as long.
We can get into the screen being better, the phone working better, everything being better, except lack of 4g, which is prett sparse anyway.

Also, you need not log in to google and share everything about your life with them to use the device.

andrewb#AC

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I work in the IT department at my company, we recently rolled about about 10 mytouch 4gs to our different users. They all hate them. There is a reason T-mobile and these phones are cheapers.

Also, I am curious, since you were getting 2, when you lay them side by side, are the forward facing cameras centered? I have put all of ours together and not one sits in the same spot. Crummy craftsmanship.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I work in the IT department at my company, we recently rolled about about 10 mytouch 4gs to our different users. They all hate them. There is a reason T-mobile and these phones are cheapers.

Also, I am curious, since you were getting 2, when you lay them side by side, are the forward facing cameras centered? I have put all of ours together and not one sits in the same spot. Crummy craftsmanship.
Just wondering, what made you guys choose myTouches? I like the serviced but its meant more for the social crowd, not the business crowd.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm quite certain that if the OP wanted advice on getting an iPhone, he would be asking on an iPhone forum. The OP asked the question on an AndroidCentral forum because they've already made the choice to get this phone apparently. Respect them and answer their question or just say nothing. This isn't iOS central.

OP, except for the post following your immediately, just browsing the forum is a great start. A recommendation I might make for an app would be Appbrain. I'm on my 4th Android device, and it makes it easy to move to another phone and reinstall all of your programs. Plus, you can go into a browser and check for new programs, read reviews, and even select what you want to install and then when you sync from your phone, they will install. A great substitute for the cumbersomeness of iTunes.

Bills_MyT4G

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I am a new owner of a myTouch 4G as of Dec 10th. And loving it. As a previous owner all things iPhones from day 1, I was disappointed in the iPhone 4 and the iOS and the closed architecture of iOS (ca'mon Steve J, really?)

And the fact that I am forced to put a freaking bumper on the phone so I can just hold it and not drop calls or have the ability to make a call was huge in my decision, AT&T blows anyway.

I disagree that the myTouch 4G is just for social it has to do with the OS and how it's configured not the device. I am a systems admin and support tech for the company I work for and support iPhones and BB's. Now the Androids as well. Configure the OS profile for Work. But I am new to Android and still learning so I don't know. I am sure all the peeps over at Google configure it for corporate use.

HTC myTouch 4G (T-Mobile) yaaay no more AT&T

selenitic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This phone is totally awesome. I previously owned the iphone 3g and several android phones (e.g. G1, Moto Cliq, myTouch 3g and Samsung Galaxy S) and this is the best phone I've owned so far. The features are awesome, such as the free tethering (not available on iphone or any other carrier without a premium charge or hacking the OS), FM radio, front-facing camera, LED flash and WIFI-Calling. I work in IT and I don't have any problems with the build-in e-mail app, but the beauty of Android is you can always go to the market and find another APP if you don't like the stock options.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
This is only my second day with the mytouch 4g and i am really loving it so far. I came from a blackberry curve 8900. The mytouch is so intuitive and fun to use that the lack of a physical keyboard makes up for it. Swype is growing on me and honestly its pretty fun to use. I didn't buy the phone for the 4g because tmobile barely has 3g here but when I was in an area that had 4g I was very satisfied by 5mb speeds. This phone definitely gives the iphone 4 a run for its money.

I agree with reviewers on the speaker phone quality. Other g than that I am very impressed. Its nice knowing that I have a very future proof device. 4g speeds will only increase in time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya