WTF, Missing Recovery???

anon(654396)

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Just received my GPe HTC One. After playing with it for a few hours, I decided to unlock the bootloader via ADB "fastboot oem unlock", everything went fine except I got this message at the end "FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))", but when I rebooted, the bootloader says unlocked.

I then tried to go into stock recovery, the android rebot appeared for about 45 seconds then instead of recovery mode, I was greeted with a robot on its belly with a warning bolting sign on it. No other message or anything else, just a dead robot right on center of the screen. The thing is I didn't try recovery mode before I unlocked the bootloader so I don't know if missing recovery is caused by unlock or it was just missing before. I can boot into everything else, it's just that stock recovery is missing! Any help on this?

anon(654396)

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
But how could it happen? I didn't do anything other than unlock the bootloader! Makes no sense whatsoever. I don't want to flash custom recovery, all I want is being able to root and receive OTA as is.

anon(654396)

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Arrrhhh...never mind. I finally brought up the recovery menu by pressing the power+vol up/down buttons REALLY REALLY HARD! I tried this combo for 3 days without success, I think the vol up button is finally loosening up, weird I don't have any problem using it on the phone, just in the recovery mode.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Arrrhhh...never mind. I finally brought up the recovery menu by pressing the power+vol up/down buttons REALLY REALLY HARD! I tried this combo for 3 days without success, I think the vol up button is finally loosening up, weird I don't have any problem using it on the phone, just in the recovery mode.
Make sure you hold the buttons in place until you see signs of the recovery. Sometimes the lenght of pressing the buttons can be affected. Did you unlock/root and install a new recovery yet? TWRP would be a great option as suggested by Kris.

anon(654396)

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Got my replacement unit today, not related to the recovery but my first one came in with two tiny dents and a bit of gap on the top. Haven't flashed recovery yet, would prefer to just boot into cwm/twrp and root instead of permanently flashing custom recovery. Does TWRP allow OTA updates?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila