Will Rosario

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Your HTC ONE Opinion.

I am getting the ONE. At the moment i have a galaxy s3 which is a great phone and is still a good phone, however i upgrade every year and was waiting for the galaxy s4 to come out so i can choose the one i like the most. The Galaxy S4 although a bit better looking than my S3 looks way too similar and being as i never use any of the extra gimmicks on the phone i found the S4 isnt really for me. Although i find the software features to be cool (HTC should bring out more software features next time) they will rarely be used by me. The Quality and materials of the HTC one are top of the line right up there with apple's premium feel. The phone just looks GORGEOUS, even more than any smartphone to date. The only thing i've always missed from iOS after switching to android was the premium feel and superb build quality of their devices, now with the HTC ONE i will have my wish fulfilled. Ive watched nearly every video on youtube on the HTC One and its always fast, fluid and no lag in sight. The first video posted of the Galaxy S4 hands on from the Verge automatically showed signs of Lag and that is just not acceptable especially with a phone having a quad core snapdragon 600 processor as well as being their newest flagship for 2013. Another reason is because SAMOLED SUCKS. I've always preferred LCD displays like the ones on the HTC phones and iPhones. i want to love it but it is way over saturated and using the phone outside is hell because you need to have it to 100% brightness for anything to be viewable on the screen. Imagine going to the beach with it on a hot sunny day?! you wont be able to see a thing!

mindyroth

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

I am leaning more towards the HTC One. I'm upgrading from an Evo 4g. I like the design better from the pictures I have seen.

I would like to wait until they both come out in stores.. Unless I jump the gun and preorder the One to take on vacation in April.

It would be fun to explore a new phone on a 15 hour car ride.

It depends on when they are released. I am intrigued by Samsung's software, but I also like the camera and stereo sound on the One. It will be bestto try out in person, though.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I had an S3 and didn't use half of the 'features' on it. Like the very cool picture-in-picture video display, whatever it was called, where you could watch a movie whilst doing something else. Great as a gimmick and once I tried it once to see how cool it was, I never used it again.

I'd much rather have a robust phone with a longer battery life and an amazing screen. I will reserve judgement until after I can play with both side-by-side in a store because either one may wow me once I get the chance to actually use them.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I am leaning more towards the HTC One. I'm upgrading from an Evo 4g. I like the design better from the pictures I have seen.

I would like to wait until they both come out in stores.. Unless I jump the gun and preorder the One to take on vacation in April.

It would be fun to explore a new phone on a 15 hour car ride.

It depends on when they are released. I am intrigued by Samsung's software, but I also like the camera and stereo sound on the One. It will be bestto try out in person, though.

From the old school Evo 4g? Damn, it is going to be a hell of an upgrade.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I am getting the ONE. At the moment i have a galaxy s3 which is a great phone and is still a good phone, however i upgrade every year and was waiting for the galaxy s4 to come out so i can choose the one i like the most. The Galaxy S4 although a bit better looking than my S3 looks way too similar and being as i never use any of the extra gimmicks on the phone i found the S4 isnt really for me. Although i find the software features to be cool (HTC should bring out more software features next time) they will rarely be used by me. The Quality and materials of the HTC one are top of the line right up there with apple's premium feel. The phone just looks GORGEOUS, even more than any smartphone to date. The only thing i've always missed from iOS after switching to android was the premium feel and superb build quality of their devices, now with the HTC ONE i will have my wish fulfilled. Ive watched nearly every video on youtube on the HTC One and its always fast, fluid and no lag in sight. The first video posted of the Galaxy S4 hands on from the Verge automatically showed signs of Lag and that is just not acceptable especially with a phone having a quad core snapdragon 600 processor as well as being their newest flagship for 2013. Another reason is because SAMOLED SUCKS. I've always preferred LCD displays like the ones on the HTC phones and iPhones. i want to love it but it is way over saturated and using the phone outside is hell because you need to have it to 100% brightness for anything to be viewable on the screen. Imagine going to the beach with it on a hot sunny day?! you wont be able to see a thing!

Having the s3, would it not feel strange going down in screen size? That is one of the things holding me back from purchasing the One when it arrives. I became accustomed to the large display, and I will be contempt at 5 inches.

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

I'll be getting the One, as mentioned in other threads I like it for the specifications and the build quality. From every review out there it looks like HTC put alot of attention and time into building a really solid device. There are also issues with the s4 that make it seem more like Samsung was just cheap, sacrificing build quality and good design for a micro sd slot and removable battery. Slapping a higher megapixel camera in there that really doesn't do much better then previous generations, having the s600 in the quad core version be slightly higher clocked then the One 1.9 compared to 1.7 ghz so they can just barely edge them out on benchmarks even though IO isn't as good.

In general it just feels like their pulling an apple upgrade of 4 to 4s deal where they really aren't improving the phone or design but just the specs. HTC put effort and thought into their design, they took chances that for the most part paid off and it's a shame they don't have better marketing.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

I had the s3,note 2,one x, and one x+. But even tho Sammy is a good manufacturer. Im leaning towards the new One. I like it alot better; and the s4 is nice no dought but it didnt catch my attention as much as the one did. So One it is. :D

Sent From my Nexus 7 :D

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm a bit worried about battery life on the One. Plus the camera reviews have been all over the map. I'll probably wait for the next Nexus device, the Note III, or what Motorola brings to the table next.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I am getting the One. It didnt matter what Sammy came out with. I just do not like touchwhiz. So their device was never a consideration. I've always used HTC devices and trust them. And I'm particularly fond of Sense, in all its iterations. I love its evolution. I'm getting the One. There was never any doubt to me even back when it was being called the M7.I just wish they'd start advertising it now. Even though its not on the shelves yet. I really hope they don't leave it up to the carriers to do it.Because they're usually so full of suck I cant stand them. ie AT&T's One X "skydiving" ad(blech blech blech).One all the way. And then the next gen Nexus 7.:cool:

Dan Samek

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

HTC is nice phone which may have issues with plastic parts. YES there is plastic on sides of the phone,it's not just metal unibody. The plastic is probably low quality (very hard and may break easily).
I have seen 2 slitely used HTC Ones during their roadshow and both phones had hundreds cracks in plastic. I don't understand why even HTC people presented broken phones. I have asked for explanation but didn't get any.
So I was asking on google+ and facebook htc pages. But HTC ignored me. Also most people did. Just two people asked what I mean by plastic on HTC One since "there is no plastic".
My opinion is that HTC knows about problem nad maybe try to solve it now and maybe that is the reason why they don't have enough phones for every marked and release day is delayed.

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

HTC is nice phone which may have issues with plastic parts. YES there is plastic on sides of the phone,it's not just metal unibody. The plastic is probably low quality (very hard and may break easily).
I have seen 2 slitely used HTC Ones during their roadshow and both phones had hundreds cracks in plastic. I don't understand why even HTC people presented broken phones. I have asked for explanation but didn't get any.
So I was asking on google+ and facebook htc pages. But HTC ignored me. Also most people did. Just two people asked what I mean by plastic on HTC One since "there is no plastic".
My opinion is that HTC knows about problem nad maybe try to solve it now and maybe that is the reason why they don't have enough phones for every marked and release day is delayed.

I thought the design of the one was unibody and the plastic wasn't structural but was injected into grooves cut into the metal?

Dan Samek

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

Not only grooves, same material is also on sides.

I'm not sure what to do now. I still like the phone and preordered on roadshow with present (PowerBeats) for first 50 who preordered that day.
Thay should call me in next few days to pick up the phone.

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

Maybe we should be asking the guys from AC about it. This is the first time I've heard anyone mention cracking plastic. I think it's possible that it might have been on a pre-production unit if it did happen at all. If the One is indeed cracking after only days of use then that is a pretty glaring issue and something that I doubt would have made it into production. Especially since HTC's main pull is the build quality.

Dan Samek

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

These two pieces were in many hands. The Beats logo at the back was almost gone. The phones didn't look new at all. The phones came from Barcelona after MWC.
I know there were two presentation here (Vodafone and O2). I read about cracked plastic from people who has seen it at Vodafone presentation so I went to second presentation to see what plastic they are talking about.
One of the phones had big crack in plastic with small gap. It was near headset connector. Both had many small cracks in the plastic. It looked more like cracked ceramic. Too bad i didn't take camera to take pictures.

I hope it was pre-production issue since I realy liked the One. I just don't understand why HTC ignores me.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I've handled two of these devices in stores and I don't remember seeing any plastic on the sides at all...

EDIT: To be honest, googling this just brings up your posts all over the place. no-one else appears to be reporting this 'issue' at all. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it appears that no-one else has heard of it.

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

I've handled two of these devices in stores and I don't remember seeing any plastic on the sides at all...

EDIT: To be honest, googling this just brings up your posts all over the place. no-one else appears to be reporting this 'issue' at all. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it appears that no-one else has heard of it.

Yea, that's why I wonder if it was a specific set of pre-production models that were used. The question I have is why would HTC not do proper product testing that would have simulated at least a week or two of use and knowing there is a massive defect ship the phone that is supposed to bring them back from the brink.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Yea, that's why I wonder if it was a specific set of pre-production models that were used. The question I have is why would HTC not do proper product testing that would have simulated at least a week or two of use and knowing there is a massive defect ship the phone that is supposed to bring them back from the brink.

Well, I have to admit that I don't believe for a second they would have done that. They aren't new to the market, they would have done reasonable wear and tear testing. I reckon the guy had mockups.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty