HTC One Rooting?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Now that i'm rooted... what are the opinions on best rom to flash? Should i stick with stock HTC, or go for Trickdroid or Androidrevolution?
Just wondering what peoples experiences are so far.

I'm not flashing any ROMs yet but my suggestion is to visit XDA and check out the development section and see what users are saying about what's available. I'm going to stick with stock for a little while.

OldSock

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Say I want to keep Sense 5 because I like it but want to unlock the SIM, discard the AT&T bloatware, and enable tethering. Can I do that with just unlocking the bootloader and root or will I need to install a full custom ROM?

I unlocked the bootloader and rooted it with the intention of doing exactly this. However, I uninstalled the AT&T bloatware with Titanium Backup, but after a restart, it was all there again. I know that I have root because I was able to copy my ringtones into the system ringtone folder and when I boot into recovery it says "tampered" at the top. So, I'm not sure what's going on and I haven't had any time to really mess around with it.

Tiago Silva

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
sorry for my nobness. Is there a way to root and unlock the phone on a regular HTC One (non-dev phone), or you can just unlock Dev phones?

Erik Pendleton

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
sorry for my nobness. Is there a way to root and unlock the phone on a regular HTC One (non-dev phone), or you can just unlock Dev phones?

At the moment you can root any of them. There is a rumor that they will be blocking AT&T phones, but so far they are unlocking.
You can go to HTCDev.com and unlock. From there you can root.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38