Sadly, I am returning my U11 to HTC

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I just dropped mine off at USPS this morning. Expensive shipping to return the device, but I would much rather have the 6gb/128gb version. I am holding off for a bit until I see what colors will be available and if the price will drop a bit. Already miss my red u11, though. I started to really dig that phone.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
HTC blaming PayPal is very weak. I deal with PayPal everyday and they don't any problems with refunds, as long as the funds are there........

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
HTC blaming PayPal is very weak. I deal with PayPal everyday and they don't any problems with refunds, as long as the funds are there........
Does anyone know if the problem with the slow refunds is actually an HTC problem or does Digital River handle everything, including processing refunds?

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I sent my u11 back in July. It shows to have arrived on July 21. No refund yet. I called HTC today and they said it might take another week to process the refund. Oddly, I recieved a text from FedEx today saying that I have a package incoming and that it should arrive tomorrow. It's coming from the same city that processes htc returns. What is going on here? I'm thinking about not signing for the package and rejecting delivery if it looks like my u11 is being sent back for some made up reason. So strange...

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I sent my u11 back in July. It shows to have arrived on July 21. No refund yet. I called HTC today and they said it might take another week to process the refund. Oddly, I recieved a text from FedEx today saying that I have a package incoming and that it should arrive tomorrow. It's coming from the same city that processes htc returns. What is going on here? I'm thinking about not signing for the package and rejecting delivery if it looks like my u11 is being sent back for some made up reason. So strange...

They told me they never got it. I have them the tracking number and it been crickets every since

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
PayPal processed my refund immediately after HTC's 10 day response frame elapsed and the money was credited back to my account this morning. As stated in my previous posts, HTC was blaming the delay on PayPal. I find it very hard to believe that it was a PayPal issue, seeing how quickly the refund was processed after HTC failed to respond to the dispute. Weak, indeed.

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the problem with the slow refunds is actually an HTC problem or does Digital River handle everything, including processing refunds?
It's a digital River issue but doesn't matter since we are doing business with HTC and not digital River. So, HTC responsibility to make sure refunds happen in a timely manner. They don't have problem taking our money, do they?

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
You've got to be kidding me. File a dispute with PayPal or a chargeback with your credit card as soon as possible. Also, file a complaint with the BBB.

I finally got a reasponse

"Good Morning Christopher,

Thank you so much for that information, thanks to that a few moments ago I created an escalation to our RMA department, now they will take care of the refund manually, this process could take around 7 to 30 business days depends on the bank or PayPal, in your case since it is with PayPal takes longer than on banks, but we will do our best to speed up the process as much as is possible.

Please let me know if you have any question or problem and I will be here for you.

Take care and have a great day!"

So its gonna take up to 30 days. I call BS

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I finally got a reasponse

"Good Morning Christopher,

Thank you so much for that information, thanks to that a few moments ago I created an escalation to our RMA department, now they will take care of the refund manually, this process could take around 7 to 30 business days depends on the bank or PayPal, in your case since it is with PayPal takes longer than on banks, but we will do our best to speed up the process as much as is possible.

Please let me know if you have any question or problem and I will be here for you.

Take care and have a great day!"

So its gonna take up to 30 days. I call BS

I can personally verify that it's complete and utter BS. I initially started with having a customer service rep from HTC escalate my request to the "escalation team" and they were useless. It wasn't until I filed a dispute with PayPal and a BBB complaint that HTC finally started moving. Ironically, I finally got my refund as a result of PayPal deciding the dispute in my favor, although the HTC Priority One team (the department that responds to BBB complaints) claimed that they escalated everything to their highest department and were in communications with PayPal.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I cancelled my 128GB pre-order on HTC.com and I'll just wait for Amazon to carry it. The $50 discount isn't worth it.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I cancelled my 128GB pre-order on HTC.com and I'll just wait for Amazon to carry it. The $50 discount isn't worth it.

Agreed. I went against my better judgment and took the 50 discount and ordered from HTC.com. Now I'm kicking myself spending 22 bucks for return shipping and insurance. Never again.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I filed a dispute, Got credit for my return and case is closed.
I was able to do this right from my CC company website. Screw waiting on HTC.
Never again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac