Change MMS sending size?

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully someone can correct me on where to find this. When sending an MMS (in my most recent example, a screenshot), it reduced the size of the image drastically, almost to the point where the text (the reason I was sending someone a screen) was unreadable.

What I can't for the life of me figure out is--is there an option to disable/change the resizing (or by how much) of pictures when sent by MMS?

Now, there IS one option that allows you to change the outbound max size of an MMS under Messages-->Settings-->MMS Settings--> Maximum Message Size. This gives 3 options, the largest being 2MB, which I have it set at. That said, this doesn't seem to impact the re-sizing of pictures (or, alternatively, how large they can be) as the phone shrunk my screenshot down to 46k and 360x640.

Tried searching here and through the UG and couldn't find anything. Thoughts?

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Digging a little more--the resizing of screenshots seemed to be an issue with older HTC phones as well. However, I tested and it's doing this on all images. One of my pics from the phone just shrunk down to a paltry 29k and 640x361. And that's before sending, so it's not the carrier. Any help?

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Digging a little more--the resizing of screenshots seemed to be an issue with older HTC phones as well. However, I tested and it's doing this on all images. One of my pics from the phone just shrunk down to a paltry 29k and 640x361. And that's before sending, so it's not the carrier. Any help?

Try sending two pictures at once. Does the second pic get resized the same?

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site

My Samsung Note II does the same thing, I use Google+ to send large MMS messages without any re sizing. Using Google+ works on my HTC One as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo