Bumper case protection?

apayne1233

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I cant wait until May 8th, the day my contract expires and I can get the HTC One!:D I want to get a case, as to a friend of mine had the HTC One X and had his screen break 4 times from dropping it. BUT, I dont want to cover up the beautiful HTC One, so I'm looking at a bumper case, yes I know there are clear cases... but I like the feel of the metal. Does anyone know how much protecting a bumper case will have? Also do you recommend any?

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I had preordered the Poetic Bumper case from Amazon, but canceled it after watching this video review. It looks good, but leaves the curved back exposed.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is no one selling a bumper case for the One right now. Poetic was, but had to redesign them to expose the power button and was having issues with what was already (as you can see from the above video) a less than stellar case, so they canceled all orders and said they weren't sure if/when they would have a bumper case for the One again. I looked high and low for one, no one makes them.

apayne1233

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I think I may go for a S4 then, since one of the big selling points for me was the look, and that doesn't show under a case!

apayne1233

May 1, 2013
Visit site
lmao, you're gonna go for an entirely different phone because of a CASE? hahahaha
No. Not at all. Just these two phones are so much alike the little things made the choice. Both phones are GREAT but the camera helps the S4, while the look and front facing speakers help the One. I still don't know which one I want to get yet.

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
No. Not at all. Just these two phones are so much alike the little things made the choice. Both phones are GREAT but the camera helps the S4, while the look and front facing speakers help the One. I still don't know which one I want to get yet.

The HTC One is the way to go. There are numerous clear ones that show it off. I have the white/clear Poetic Atmosphere & it really looks awesome on my silver One. There's threads here & on XDA about accessories plus YouTube reviews, just search, don't go & buy a kids toy for a phone.

Sent from my HTC One

apayne1233

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Holy sweet looking case! I am starting to agree with you the more I read up on it. But my one problem is, the camera. Whats your honest opinion?

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Holy sweet looking case! I am starting to agree with you the more I read up on it. But my one problem is, the camera. Whats your honest opinion?

The camera takes great pictures, especially in low light situations. You need to ask yourself, do you need 13 Megapixels? If your answer is yes I ask you why. Do you plan on making posters or large prints from pictures off of your camera, I doubt it. 4MP or Ultrapixels in our case is plenty for what most people use there smart phone cameras for. Check out reviews of both phones and go to the store and get a feel for both phones and make an informed decision yourself.

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, love it. Poetic did have to revise it, mine has the power/IR sensor covered up even though it seems to work ok. Poetic is sending us the new version for free.

Honestly I haven't used the camera much at all yet. The European version got a major update this week though that addressed the camera. Before & after results look impressive from what I've seen. Surely AT&T Ones will get it soon. There's a weekend deal per HTC USA website, so it's probably a great time to jump on board!

Sent from my HTC One

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I cant wait until May 8th, the day my contract expires and I can get the HTC One!:D I want to get a case, as to a friend of mine had the HTC One X and had his screen break 4 times from dropping it. BUT, I dont want to cover up the beautiful HTC One, so I'm looking at a bumper case, yes I know there are clear cases... but I like the feel of the metal. Does anyone know how much protecting a bumper case will have? Also do you recommend any?

I just recently purchased this case. Excellent bumper case.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367545920234.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367545920234.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 86

apayne1233

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Went to the store today to play with the phones, really liked the One! I have found a winner!:D But now heres the big question... the black or silver one!?!?:eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member