Thinking of returning the One for the Optimus G Pro

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I love my One. It is the best phone I have ever had. Its aluminum body is gorgeous and I love its camera features (highlight videos are amazing). But that 5.5" IPS screen on the GPro is calling out to me. I had a Samsung Galaxy Note before this, and I do miss the larger screen. I find myself using my tablet much, much more now that I have the One than I did when i had the Note. I also use the remote app a lot, and LG's can control Blu-Ray players too, and since I have an LG TV I could do screen mirroring without buying a $90 box from HTC. I'm very, very torn.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I suppose I could always go back to the One too if I get the GPro and hate it. Or at least, don't love it as much as the One.

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Different strokes for different folks, but I will say that even after all these months I still have to stifle a laugh when I'm out and about and see someone put a Note II up to their face. Yes a screen that size is fun to play with but it sure does look funny unless the person has an enormous head. The guy next to me on the train this morning was making a call on his note and it looked like he had a Nexus 7 stuck on his face.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Different strokes for different folks, but I will say that even after all these months I still have to stifle a laugh when I'm out and about and see someone put a Note II up to their face. Yes a screen that size is fun to play with but it sure does look funny unless the person has an enormous head. The guy next to me on the train this morning was making a call on his note and it looked like he had a Nexus 7 stuck on his face.

I agree that it looks ridiculous to hold to your head, but I almost never make phone calls using the device its self. I either have a wired headset or its connected to my car's bluetooth. In the 9 days I've had my One, it has been held to my head for about 45 seconds.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

This too is my reservation. I dunno how practical the phone would be as a phone. I love my One, but will admit I really, really miss having a removable battery. These slow charge times over the course of 2 years scare me. I do like the idea of getting the Morphie but at 99 dollars that's not happening right away. Kinda torn but will more than likely keep my One.