Review: Seido ACTIVE with Metal Kickstand - Black for the HTC One

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the good review. I've been a big fan of Seido but had to skip them on this phone since it's way too sexy to cover up.

StylinProfilin

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Is it hard to push power and volume buttons? Does it interfere with the IR on the power button?

I'm using the Speck Candy Shell Case to show off the phone right now, but the volume button is not easy to push.

audio6996

May 6, 2013
Visit site
It actually easier because the case extends the buttons up and also makes it easier to use the volume control.

Last edited:

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It actually easier because the case extends the buttons up and also makes it easier to use the volume control. No problems with the IR.

Is there a cut out for the ir blaster? I couldn't see it it was of not.

Sent from my HTC One Coconut Wireless

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I've been using the Seidio Active cases for over two years, starting with my Thunderbolt (I had three versions for the TBolt). I now have one for my Galaxy Note 2 and I have dropped the device about 5 times so far. There's something comforting about seeing the phone fall onto concrete face down and just bounce. One time it landed on the bottom corner hard enough that the S Pen came all the way out and slid across the floor, but there was no damage at all. You can't go wrong with this case, and the kickstand is very handy.

audio6996

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I tried the IR again last night in my chair that is about 10 ft from my TV and cable box and it did not work with the case. When i first tried it i was right in front of the box so i guess if you are not right in front of the set up it does not work with the IR. I don't really use this phone as a remote but if you do this case might not be for you.

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about the case is that the phone does not lay flat on a table when you put it down. It balances on the hump made by the kickstand.

akm135

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the Seidio SURFACE case in Royal Blue and it is amazing. All of the necessary buttons have the appropriate cut-outs. I know its not the ACTIVE but it is similar.