Other ways to link media?

secretLOVER

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Are there other ways to link my media to a TV other than the media link?

I have a Logitech revue, roku, micro HDMI to HDMI, WiFi, Laptops, blah blah blah.
I can't get anything to work! Is it a MHL connection?

I have a media link on the way but travel a lot for work n wanna leave that in my luggage or connected.

What are my options to "stream" my phone to a TV?
Thanks in advance.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious for this answer also, I bought a media link of eBay for $40 and it works great but I have my one and media link to my daughter and am using my s4 as my daily and would like to link that

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

secretLOVER

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking specifically for HTC one.
(this is posted in the HTC one's forum)

My girl does it with her S3 easily with our logitech revue and roku. Just links it up through media devices (or whatever it is called) on WiFi.
Possibly with a micro HDMI to HDMI cable as well?- That's how I would link my Incredible. My Rezound needed a MHL cable adapter boxy thingamajig.
The One just searches for Media Link from what I've tried!

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you're trying to stream to your TV, but there are a few options. The One supports HDMI via MHL, so you just need an MHL to HDMI cable that plugs into the micro-USB and you can wire you phone to your TV, it basically mirrors the screen. You can also set up a DLNA media server through the "media share" app, which allows you to wirelessly stream pictures and video to a DLNA enabled device. I personally don't think it's that great a protocol, and it's pretty unweildy but it sort of gets the job done. Medialink is like a wireless HDMI cable, but you have to shell out the cash for the medialink device. If you just want to look at the pictures you've taken on a larger screen, DLNA may work for you. If you want to stream movies to the TV you'll need either a cable or a media link.

secretLOVER

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I'm trying to watch game of thrones off HBO go app! Media link shipping tomorrow. Will go to Fry's for a mhl cable. Seems like my rezounds mhl was thicker?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

secretLOVER

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So, I've purchased a Media Link HD, Skiva MHL Micro USB to male HDMI cable, and the Samsung MHL to HDMI.

The only one I have in hand is the Samsung one and it doesn't fit. Fit perfectly in my GF's S3 though. I just now see a 5-11 pin adapter? Is that what I need? I'm more than likely taking it back when I receive the other two. I just want to clarify in case I need it for another or my GF wants to keep it. The plan is to have one hooked up constantly to the bedroom tv and one with me because I travel a lot for work and I don't want to be a "netflix cheater" (yes, that's a thing now) so I want her to be able to keep up on episodes as well.

This is the Skiva I have ordered. It comes with an adapter so hopefully it has all I need. The adapter is for S3 so I'm thinking I won't need the adapter unless using her phone.

coggster

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did everyone not get the HTC media link with their order? I thought it odd I had one I didn't ask for but I wasn't complaining. I got ear buds, case and media link - I wasn't expecting any of it other than the ear buds so I was happy.

Back to topic - lucky I read through before typing as I just noticed aquatichedgehog has it covered.

secretLOVER

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I received two THC stickers (cut them up and put them on surf/skate boards)!
Ear buds came with my Rezound.

I believe it was only ATT that gave away media link? I just got my ONE 2 weeks ago directly from tmo.

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your question and your outcomes - very useful... too often questions are asked without the results being shared- again, thanks!

An OS level method for streaming to Apple's AirPlay protocol would be ideal for me - sound to my airport express speakers, video to the Apple TV - all of my brushed metal devices in sync and in concert- oh what a dream!

I received two THC stickers (cut them up and put them on surf/skate boards)!
Ear buds came with my Rezound.

I believe it was only ATT that gave away media link? I just got my ONE 2 weeks ago directly from tmo.

secretLOVER

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your question and your outcomes - very useful... too often questions are asked without the results being shared- again, thanks!

An OS level method for streaming to Apple's AirPlay protocol would be ideal for me - sound to my airport express speakers, video to the Apple TV - all of my brushed metal devices in sync and in concert- oh what a dream!

Word! It has been a while since needing android forums and this other place was filled with jerks so I'm here now. That's what I do. Hopefully someone will properly search and find the answer. Will update when I receive the others.

I am still trying to figure out how/find time to link up through my Logitech revue and/or roku or ps3 wirelessly without anymore cables. Haven't tried much though.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Word! It has been a while since needing android forums and this other place was filled with jerks so I'm here now. That's what I do. Hopefully someone will properly search and find the answer. Will update when I receive the others.

I am still trying to figure out how/find time to link up through my Logitech revue and/or roku or ps3 wirelessly without anymore cables. Haven't tried much though.

I just installed skifta on my wife's HTC One and got it to see it on my ps3. I could not play Zoe videos, but I went in on pictures and music. Not sure what you maybe doing wrong. When Skifta is open I picked HTC one on the first option and simple went into my ps3. My ps3 saw the HTC One and allowed me to browse in.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Random post Inc....

Secret lover do you live in Florida? Your avatar looks completely like one of my friends lol.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

secretLOVER

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Random post Inc....

Secret lover do you live in Florida? Your avatar looks completely like one of my friends lol.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Whales ****** (san diego). That pic is on a cruise ship at Catalina island.

I haven't tried much on the boxes I have. I haven't been home much since getting this phone. I've got all weekend starting tonight though so I wanted to have my ducks in a row. I will look into that app.

secretLOVER

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The Skiva mhl to HDMI (link on first page) and cruzerlite case came today. Faster than expected!

The skiva cable works perfectly. Charges phone, plays on TV, and no adapter needed. It came with an adapter that fits the s3 so I will return the Samsung brand one I bought n keep this to use with both our phones. Maybe order another.

secretLOVER

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So I've received them all.

Samsung-
Would only fit our s3. Adapter needed. Returned to radio shack.

Skiva-
Works good and came with adapter for s3. Still drained the battery (charges and hooks into TV) playing HBO go with GPS on. Wasn't aware GPS was on.

HTC media player HD -
Awesome! Wireless! Easily streamed. Recognized on my phone as soon as I plugged into outlet. TV screen n phone walks you through setup. I even get phone notifications through TV speakers. The only downside is you can't multitask on just anything. Unless I haven't figured it out but the booklet says HTC apps let you so I'm assuming only the HTC movie/TV show app that plays with it (for video).

The end.