Anyone had charging port issues?

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I ask because I have had to get 4 new Evos due to breaking the charging port and now I have done it on my kindle fire. Grrrr so apparently this is something I do regularly and am scared it will happen on my One and I cant take the battery out to charge.

TheWalt

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the charger that came with the phone? Or just some charger that you can plug in a USB cable into?
The chargers may have different power specs (current, watt, etc).

I ask because I have had to get 4 new Evos due to breaking the charging port and now I have done it on my kindle fire. Grrrr so apparently this is something I do regularly and am scared it will happen on my One and I cant take the battery out to charge.

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I always use the one that comes with the product except the car charger. That one is the one Sprint told me to get.

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly why I am considering getting a charging dock, which was discussed in a thread earlier this week. I can't stand plugging in a cable each night, making sure it's oriented correctly, angled correctly, etc. I'm always afraid I'm going to muck it up! With the charging dock, you simply put your phone in and push it down onto the fixed connector, which is always angled perfectly.

This is the dock that was discussed:

Amazon.com: Charger for HTC One M7: Cell Phones & Accessories

Let me know what you think!

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
This is exactly why I am considering getting a charging dock, which was discussed in a thread earlier this week. I can't stand plugging in a cable each night, making sure it's oriented correctly, angled correctly, etc. I'm always afraid I'm going to muck it up! With the charging dock, you simply put your phone in and push it down onto the fixed connector, which is always angled perfectly.

This is the dock that was discussed:

Amazon.com: Charger for HTC One M7: Cell Phones & Accessories

Let me know what you think!
LOL Just had that same one delivered.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Lol I really don't think I am.

Not accusing you but if you manage to break the charging port on five different devices, you're definitely doing something wrong, lol.

But seriously, one or two and you're maybe unlucky. But five...

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Not accusing you but if you manage to break the charging port on five different devices, you're definitely doing something wrong, lol.

But seriously, one or two and you're maybe unlucky. But five...
I know it sounds awful but it was only my Evos. Never had it happen on another phone. I was totally shocked when my kindle's port went out the other week. I don't throw it or drop it much. I have no idea what I could be doing to cause it.

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
And, you are going to give us the lowdown tomorrow??? :)

Well I'm not real satisfied with it. Supposedly has a piece that lifts out so the phone will fit with a case. Mine will not come out. If I pull any harder its gonna break. It does fit well naked. And it looks nice.

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm not real satisfied with it. Supposedly has a piece that lifts out so the phone will fit with a case. Mine will not come out. If I pull any harder its gonna break. It does fit well naked. And it looks nice.

I will NEVER use a case on this artwork, so as long as it fit well there, I'm satisfied! Thanks for the feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87