Instagram picture quality

blink1me82

May 27, 2013
Visit site
This isn't the biggest issue for me as I don't post a lot on instagram, but I noticed that every picture that I post ends up being uploaded pixelated and blurry. The pictures look amazing on my HTC one and in the filter screen, and in my gallery, but once I upload the quality is horrible. People are saying that this was fixed in the latest update but that is not the case, at least not for me. I have checked and unchecked the high quality image processing, and still nothing.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any resolution?

ZekkRagnos

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I posted this a couple of weeks ago and theres a fix. Go to instagram settings, then click advanced settings and uncheck the picture quality one. Problem solved :D

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I just posted a pic to Instagram from the One this morning. It was a close up shot of a coffee cup in my desk and the uploaded photo had over-sharpening, a lot.

I used a filter, so the uploaded pic was not the original. Has Instagram had issues with new phones regarding photo quality before?

blink1me82

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried unchecking it and it still is really bad quality.. Seems to not be working for every One. Hopefully they can fix this soon in an update! Thanks for the reply.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I think there are other things at play. I have upload a few pics and not all them has that over-sharpening, specially ones without any filter, just the standard cropping.

Hopefully it is an Instagram issue that could be fixed with a quick update.

blink1me82

May 27, 2013
Visit site
You're right. Out of the 5 I've tried to upload this week, 2 didn't have the blurriest and over sharpening. I wonder if its random or has to do with the picture itself. Definitely think it is an instagram issue. Again, I hope they update the app to fix this soon.

ZacharyMrEvans

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Holy ****! It worked!! Ive been pissed for weeks cause I thought it was a S4 problem. Thanks man.

Yeah nevermind. It is not as bad as it was. But fine lines like stitching on shoes or anything that is not thick gets pixelated!! Why wont it work!!! :'(

Last edited:

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, head over to my comment on the verge forums where I explain this issue and provide a workaround. You need to resize your images using a better interpolation method before importing them into instagram.

Instagram problem on Android, horrible quality on uploaded picture. | The Verge Forums

I saw your comparison photos and it does make a great difference. Do you know other app like Resize that supports Lanczos 3 or other interpolation methods that is free or has a better interface?

The Play Store has tons of resizing apps but the descriptions of about 20 I just looked through didn't say which algorithm they use.

fakemustache

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
When I was doing my testing and figuring out a workaround for this problem, Resize is the only app I found but it's possible there are others. at $3 USD I think it's worth it. The interface can be a little confusing so I'm thinking of doing a video tutorial to show people how to set this up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38