Cant text any downloaded photos???

HTC_ONE

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Great phone overall, very happy with my decision. But I have a very simple problem, I can only text photos from my gallery or camera. Any downloaded pics from emails or texts cannot be texted to anyone. There is no option to attach. I have the astro file manager app installed and that doesnt help either.

This has always been a basic option even on old flip phones. Any tips would be appreciated...

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
You have to enable your Album View in the gallery.

Go to gallery. Go to camera shots. Tap on events. Change it to albums. The Downloads album should now appear (I like this view better anyway). You can share those like any other photo now.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
You're right, it's not available for me on the Messages and the Textra applications. The only solution I could think of is to move the downloaded pictures into the Pictures or DCIM folders in the SD card, that way you can find them in Gallery. I know it's a pain in the arse to do it manually but I guess that should do the job anyway.

HTC_ONE

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
You have to enable your Album View in the gallery.

Go to gallery. Go to camera shots. Tap on events. Change it to albums. The Downloads album should now appear (I like this view better anyway). You can share those like any other photo now.

Hahaaaa, that was so easy. Thank you brother! Tarek do it this way, simple!

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
You're right, it's not available for me on the Messages and the Textra applications. The only solution I could think of is to move the downloaded pictures into the Pictures or DCIM folders in the SD card, that way you can find them in Gallery. I know it's a pain in the arse to do it manually but I guess that should do the job anyway.

You couldn't figure this out, Tarek? Don't make me slap you...:D

BTW, I'm S-OFF now - no PC.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
You couldn't figure this out, Tarek? Don't make me slap you...:D

BTW, I'm S-OFF now - no PC.

Ha ha.. nice! Now all you have to do is flash the brightstar RUU if you want to turn your device into a developer edition. And you're right, your device's model ID matches that of the developer edition's.