4.2.2 update????

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah Japanese version I believe, we won't see it in the states on carriers for months, thank god for root I'm running it now and will probably have 4.3 before all the ones get 4.2

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the Developer Edition and I haven't seen anything and I would suspect that it would get it before anyone else since its carrier agnostic. As for the US, figure 2-3 months post EU launch so the carriers have time to test the neutering feature and bloat add-on's.

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
It should be rolled out within the next couple of weeks max. What's the hurry anyway guys :)

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or is it almost every day that a new One 4.2 rumor pops up?

Yes, getting annoying.

"Hi, this is my first post here, but I heard that HTC was going to release Android 8.44.3.7890 today and they were also giving out Play Store credits of $5000. Can anyone confirm?
Also, my mom works from home and makes $13,648 a week. Click this link to give me money and I will show you how!
www.I_am_an_*****.com."

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Japanese version I believe, we won't see it in the states on carriers for months, thank god for root I'm running it now and will probably have 4.3 before all the ones get 4.2

I wish it was the Japanese! It's actually the Chinese version that's getting the update, from what I've seen on xda. I'm on the Japanese One and still on 1.07.970 firmware...

Posted via Android Central App

Coleman Lee

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Since the Factory Unlocked HTC Ones have been getting the 4.2.2 update, if I unlock my HTC One, will I be able to get the software update now also?

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Since the Factory Unlocked HTC Ones have been getting the 4.2.2 update, if I unlock my HTC One, will I be able to get the software update now also?

Not sure....to even try you would have to change your CID to the developer version and just wait.

Instead just go to XDA, they have the full developer version as a ROM for 4.2.2. I am using it, very nice.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

Uhhh, what? I have the DE version, and I have not received any update. Frankly, I think I'll switch to Ge even though I think HTC is still responsible for its distribution.

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I was considering the GE ROM's but the trade offs on the camera and other features don't make it as compelling as it once was. Plus we still have to wait for HTC to roll it out. I actually fine Sense 5.0 to be much better than prior Sense UI's.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I was considering the GE ROMs but the trade offs on the camera and other features don't make it as compelling as it once was. Plus we still have to wait for HTC to roll it out. I actually fine Sense 5.0 to be much better than prior Sense UI's.

I have a nice Sony RX100 camera with an EyeFi card. If I'm on vacation or with family, I use the Sony. The picture is instantly transferred to the phone with GeoTagging as an added benefit. So, I don't care about the camera or the camera app or Zoe or Blinkfeed. That being said, Sense 5 is better than the past and way better than Samesong garbage (same ui, new hardware, bleh). I also don't use HTC's default apps. They are pretty good, but there are better ones from the Play Store.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't disagree there are better apps than what HTC included but for now I like the extra benefits I am getting. What would be cool is if someone could get the HTC camera w/ Zoe onto the GE ROM's.

masterq1104

May 28, 2012
Visit site
You're wrong my friend, new ota software is the lates 9.5.6 android apple mermelade, also my grandma' works for hsn in the house and make 5000.00, she pays all the bills in the house every day