I have it set that notifications such as texts etc wake up the lock screen and appear. It's appears and I get a sound but it doesn't wake up the screen. Any ideas?

Also, I'm coming from a Samsung with toggles (including brightness) with a quick swipe of status bar... Just curious if there's an easy way to do the brightness without having to go into settings every time. I know there's a widget but it appeared it only gave 3 levels of brightness?

Thanks for help :-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    07-16-2013 10:19 AM
    I have it set that notifications such as texts etc wake up the lock screen and appear. It's appears and I get a sound but it doesn't wake up the screen. Any ideas?

Also, I'm coming from a Samsung with toggles (including brightness) with a quick swipe of status bar... Just curious if there's an easy way to do the brightness without having to go into settings every time. I know there's a widget but it appeared it only gave 3 levels of brightness?

Thanks for help :-)

I'm not sure why it doesn't wake the lock screen. It should since you have it set that way, so hopefully someone else can help.

I use an app called Notification Bar Deluxe which puts pretty much any toggle you can think of into the drop down notification area. There are other options that are free in the Play Store, but I've been using this one for a while, and it works great. If you just want an app to set the brightness, I swear by Brightness Level.
    tfrankson likes this.
    07-16-2013 10:30 AM
    I'm not sure why it doesn't wake the lock screen. It should since you have it set that way, so hopefully someone else can help.

I use an app called Notification Bar Deluxe which puts pretty much any toggle you can think of into the drop down notification area. There are other options that are free in the Play Store, but I've been using this one for a while, and it works great. If you just want an app to set the brightness, I swear by Brightness Level.
    Thanks, I'll give the app a shot :-)

Now that I've rechecked I don't see an option for waking up lock screen with notifications. Am I missing something? I have the productivity lock screen applied so I assumed "waking up" was included.

07-16-2013 10:38 AM
    I use Handcent for texting, and there is an option in the settings menu under notification settings that allows you to wake up the screen. I haven't used the standard message app in a long time, so I'm not sure if or where the setting is. I'll see if I can find it when I get a chance.
    07-16-2013 10:51 AM
    I use Handcent for texting, and there is an option in the settings menu under notification settings that allows you to wake up the screen. I haven't used the standard message app in a long time, so I'm not sure if or where the setting is. I'll see if I can find it when I get a chance.
    Thank you!

07-16-2013 04:22 PM
    Yeah there's no waking up the screen with notifications you'll have to download an app I use widget locker lockscreen with NILS it's perfect. Wakes the screen on every notification and displays it in the lockscreen. Also I use app extended settings it lets you put any toggles in notification bar and it's very easy to use

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    07-16-2013 05:26 PM
    the screen will not wakeup on notification you will only see the small led notification this is not fixed in 4.2.2 as well so you will need an app if you want that.

About the toggle this wont be a problem if you have updated to 4.2.2 because they have already added it but I used power widget before
    07-16-2013 10:38 PM