HTC ONE Hint please!

kasperkyd

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 questions,

When I finish a call or in middle of it sometimes I take the phone of my ear to End the call or type something but I find the screen is black sometimes and I have to press the phone button to get the screen On, so any hint why the sensor doesn't work properly sometimes?

Second question, does the HTC one has voice commands to dial someone? or open an App like iPhone?

Posted via Android Central App

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 questions,

When I finish a call or in middle of it sometimes I take the phone of my ear to End the call or type something but I find the screen is black sometimes and I have to press the phone button to get the screen On, so any hint why the sensor doesn't work properly sometimes?

Second question, does the HTC one has voice commands to dial someone? or open an App like iPhone?

To your second question the answer is Google Now. Hold the home button to bring up Now. You can do many voice prompted things from there.

Edit for being bad.

Last edited:

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i share both of your problems...

if i am using my phone on speaker and the call ends, the screen is black. same thing happens, sometimes, when the phone is against my ear. i pull it away and the screen is black. i have to press the power button on top to wake the screen and end the call. annoying.

i have tried unsuccessfully to use google now for calling contacts. i shouldn't say unsuccessfully. it does work on occasion. but i can not for the life of me get it to call my mom. that's two words, two syllables. no success. i have my google voice set to english UK cause i prefer the british voice speaking to me over the american english woman. but it does not recognize the word mom. when i say mom, it shows me 'mum', 'mon' or 'mama'. even after i changed my mom in my contacts to 'mum', it would not call her. my friend thinks this is jewish mother guilt in action. i think that's funny, and that this is poor technology. and yes i have an excellent speaking voice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-12-20-31-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-12-20-31-37.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 75

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
As a prior poster said, use Google Now for voice commands as it is a phenomenal tool.

From my DROID X, to the Galaxy S2, to my current Nexus 4 I've never had trouble with an Android device recognizing my voice.

kasperkyd

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link, I tried it and the sensor workd ok I guess its HTC thing as many other things :(

kasperkyd

May 8, 2013
Visit site
exactly I have the same issue in Google Now, it doesn't read my phone book right at all, I had S3 before and it was amazing in recognizing my speech, but with HTC and google now, its waste of time.

hmmm I just wish HTC fix all the phone bugs at once, its a good mobile but needs lot of fixings still.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
exactly I have the same issue in Google Now, it doesn't read my phone book right at all, I had S3 before and it was amazing in recognizing my speech, but with HTC and google now, its waste of time.

hmmm I just wish HTC fix all the phone bugs at once, its a good mobile but needs lot of fixings still.

As you're the first person I've read with these issues, it sounds like something is defective with the product you've purchased. My One does not function as yours does, and I have none of these so called bugs.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and found that if i hold the phone with the mouth piece around my chin it does that but if I hold the phone up to my mouth it works fine.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
i have tried unsuccessfully to use google now for calling contacts. i shouldn't say unsuccessfully. it does work on occasion. but i can not for the life of me get it to call my mom. that's two words, two syllables. no success. i have my google voice set to english UK cause i prefer the british voice speaking to me over the american english woman. but it does not recognize the word mom. when i say mom, it shows me 'mum', 'mon' or 'mama'. even after i changed my mom in my contacts to 'mum', it would not call her. my friend thinks this is jewish mother guilt in action. i think that's funny, and that this is poor technology. and yes i have an excellent speaking voice.

Did you know that you can long press the numbers on the dial pad for speed dialing? Just set one up for your Mom and don't let google now ruin your day!

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Did you know that you can long press the numbers on the dial pad for speed dialing? Just set one up for your Mom and don't let google now ruin your day!
Also, you can just type the name in the phone's dialer. Like DAVID would be 32843, and it will show you the contact name and number above the number pad. I found this much quicker than opening the Contacts app or Phone app (plus swipe to right to reach Contacts) and then search for the contact.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've experienced the same issues too a few times. I do find that once in a while the phone starts getting a few glitches like the screen not coming back on, or the dialer messing up, or the phone not dialing and connecting... just hiccups. I do a restart on the device and it seems to clear things up (it may be few and far between, but stuff does happen as is the nature of electronics).

As for voice dialing, along with Google Now, if you bring up the dialer there is a microphone icon in the bottom right to activate voice dialing. :)

Daniel Cordoba

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Ughhh. Once In a while all audio stops and I have to hold down power button and reboot the phone.iwanna know if this is can be fixed I'm an update. ialso hate the buzzy audio and beau y sound sometimes too. Let me know if these can be fixed I'm an update please. This is a great phone, just some flaws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38