Charging it with an iPhone 5 adapter.

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! Just wanted to know if it is ok to charge my phone with the iPhone 5 wall adapter, I mean using the usb cable that came with my phone, but using the iPhone wall adapter to charge it, will it damage my battery? I have to do this because my unlocked international version came with an european wall adapter (I know that sucks).

Thank you!

Fhenrus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes I don't have a one but I have done it before and it works fine

Sent from my Huawei u8650 using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks! I just thought so too, however, read some other posts claiming that tthis particular phone had to be charged with only the charger that came with it, or you could damage the battery, as it is not replaceable I wanna be absolutely sure :p

Edit: just noticed it charges amazingly faster than connected to my mac. Still don't know if safe.

Last edited:

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't hurt the battery. The HTC charger pushes one full amp of current to your device, same as the iPhone charger. The amount of current you get from a standard USB port in your computer isn't that high and is not going to charge a device nearly as fast as a dedicated wall charger.

Marbash

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It won't hurt you battery as long as the voltage of the chargers are the same. The more amps the charger has as a output, the faster your phone will charge.

Posted via Android Central App

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
My One gets charged either with the adapter that came with my media link or with my old Galaxy S2 charger (longer cord and shaped usb plug, so I can plug in in the dark). Both work fine.

A word of caution, there are a lot of cheap chargers available, they practically give them away on eBay, and they are cheap for a reason. A large batch was seized in the UK recently after blowing a 12 year old girl across the room and earlier this week a girl was killed by a sub-standard iPhone charger in China. Some are just cheap unbranded rubbish but there are also some very convincing fakes out there, until that is you either open them up and see what is inside or they explode and kill you.

A fake Rolex isn't going to chew your arm off, but a fake charger can seriously injure or even kill you. Don't take the risk, buy genuine manufacturers product from reputable sources.

vikram shah

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
My One gets charged either with the adapter that came with my media link or with my old Galaxy S2 charger (longer cord and shaped usb plug, so I can plug in in the dark). Both work fine.

A word of caution, there are a lot of cheap chargers available, they practically give them away on eBay, and they are cheap for a reason. A large batch was seized in the UK recently after blowing a 12 year old girl across the room and earlier this week a girl was killed by a sub-standard iPhone charger in China. Some are just cheap unbranded rubbish but there are also some very convincing fakes out there, until that is you either open them up and see what is inside or they explode and kill you.

A fake Rolex isn't going to chew your arm off, but a fake charger can seriously injure or even kill you. Don't take the risk, buy genuine manufacturers product from reputable sources.

I saw this story on watchdog. Ever since then I've only been using my HTC charger for my phone. I don't even use other genuine chargers (like the kindle or samsung phone chargers) just in case something happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38