is this an HTC one easter egg?

samaspud

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
So I've got android 4.2.2, Go to settings > about > Software information > more and then click on build number. Is comes up with a message saying something like three clicks away from becoming a developer. This goes down as you keep pressing it from 3 then 2 then 1. A message then appears saying that you are now a developer. That's preety much it unless there is more to it than that? May be it unlocks something else in the phone that I haven't yet noticed? Any ideas? Or has anyone else seen this message?

matukqo

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
That's really weird.... Just showed up on my RAZR HD running a 4.2 AOKP ROM...

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
For the real easter egg go to, settings -> about phone, then click on android version 3 times.

Sent from my paranoid s3...

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It isn't exclusive to the One; it's part of stock Android. It also unlocks developer settings.

Also, as gollum18 said, tap the Android version several times. But to add to that, tap on the jelly bean after that, and you'll get a bigger surprise?

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
It isn't exclusive to the One; it's part of stock Android. It also unlocks developer settings.

Also, as gollum18 said, tap the Android version several times. But to add to that, tap on the jelly bean after that, and you'll get a bigger surprise?

To add to that, it's a long press on the JB...

Emily Hoy

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
What is the point of becoming a developer? After I repeatedly clicked the "Build Number," it now says, "No need, you are already a developer." What is it supposed to do now? Are there more features?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87