I've had my HTC One since April...here's what I've experienced

rgentry23

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
1. I've sent it to the HTC service center twice for a faulty microphone. Currently working with fingers crossed.
2. "No SIM card error"...tried all the fixes I've seen online, nothing working so far. I've started a new service ticket with HTC. Will they replace?
3. Odd problem with my media volume locking on mute. Does not happen very often, and a restart fixes, but still weird.

Maybe should have gone with the Galaxy 4.

HenryWiygul

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
In very sorry to hear that you have had troubles with your One. I have not experienced any of these problems personally. It sounds like you received a faulty device. If you so have the option, switch it out for a different One. Speaking as a person who has not had any problems, the One is a beautiful phone when it is working properly. I imagine you would enjoy it if you had one that was working correctly. Sounds like some of the problems you have may be software issues. HTC should replace your phone for free because it was nothing you did. Try to see if they will replace it. Sorry again for your bad experience.

Posted via Android Central App

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
1. I've sent it to the HTC service center twice for a faulty microphone. Currently working with fingers crossed.
2. "No SIM card error"...tried all the fixes I've seen online, nothing working so far. I've started a new service ticket with HTC. Will they replace?
3. Odd problem with my media volume locking on mute. Does not happen very often, and a restart fixes, but still weird.

Maybe should have gone with the Galaxy 4.

It does sound like you just got a defective device. Unfortunately with the volume in which manufacturers pump out products, it's easier than ever to get a faulty one. I have experienced it with even the top manufacturers products (Sony,Samsung,Toshiba). I would definitely look into trying to get them to replace the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana