What's the best app/way to store a list of favourite locations? i.e. restaurants?

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Is there a way to save certain locations so for example if you wanted to go to a certain type of restaurant, you can choose one or the closest? But I don't mean just searching using Google Maps, because it doesn't necessarily show all of them, and I want to be able to limit it to the ones I like.

Is there such an app?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm not entirely understanding what you want, but how about just saving your selected locations in Google Maps? So for example, search for you favorite restaurant, then tap on its name when it appears at the bottom of the screen. Click on the "Save" button with the star. It is now one of your Saved Places. If you want to see your Saved Places, click on the person icon on the right of the Google Maps search bar. You'll see your Saved Places listed there.

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
THanks Bdiddy, that should work although I had bad experience with the Maps app. I for instance open it when I am somewhere other than home, and it shows a different address, and I couldn't find a way to say "calibrate to where I am now".

Also I wanted to search for say "tim hortons" near where I am currently, and it shows me one that's 2 hours away which isn't the closest one.

Not sure if it's me, but the Maps app is very unintuitive.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're somewhere other than home, does it open to the last address you were looking at? I always find that if the map isn't showing my current location, tapping the target sight at the lower right brings it to current location.

When you're searching for a place near you, do you type something like "tim hortons near me"? Might give you better results, although I can't be sure.

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Bdiddy, yes it opens to the last address I was looking at or I was at. I will try tapping the target sight.

I was just searching for "tim hortons", then I will try "tim hortons near me". Thanks alot, Because it makes navigation miserable otherwise.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Yelp? That's what I use and often Bookmark places of interest or that I plan on visiting next. You an search by category and adjust search criteria to display results by location, currently open, pricing, etc.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

ArthurDent72

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
With the free CoolCities app, you can bookmark your favorite restaurants, cafes, bars and any spot on earth you like.
You can bookmark a place as you go by snapping a photo or you can just look up for a place you remembered while sitting on your sofa, you can also use a photo from your smartphone library and CoolCities will pin in on the map for you.

And its more than that, with CoolCities you can share your bookmarks with Facebook friends, you can see where others go, you can compete with others and gain points, levels and achievements.

Check it out at CoolCities.com or get it for free from the playstore:

three phones.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii